Salads just got more exciting with this pecan crusted chicken drizzled with this perfectly sweet honey mustard dressing recipe. Simple ingredients for a delicious, mouth watering, easy to prepare meal.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Making a healthy meal that everyone loves can be a challenge. Salads are a way to get in all your vegetables and proteins in one dish. My easy grilled chicken salad and my greek saladd with croutons are some of our favorites and this Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad is another family favorite. The secret is my honey mustard dressing recipe that is so good that I can almost drink it. Okay maybe not drink it, but you know what I mean.Jump to Recipe
This pecan crusted chicken salad is easy to prepare because there isn’t a ton of chopping required, just romaine lettuce, sliced pears, and a handful of dried cranberries. The simple salad helps compliment the chicken while keeping chicken the star of the dish. The pecan crusted chicken is incredible! It’s full of flavor and stays perfectly moist and juicy on the inside with a satisfying crunch on the outside.
The other star of the dish is my sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing recipe. The dressing is the perfect compliment to the chicken and fruit on the salad. My family enjoys this salad so much and hopefully you will too!
Honey Mustard Dressing
I’ve discovered I like sweeter honey mustard dressing because I have been making this recipe for years. This recipe uses more honey compared to others and that what makes it sweeter. The sweetness of this honey mustard dressing pairs perfectly with this salad because I think it pairs well with the chicken and fruit.
If you’ve never made honey mustard dressing, you might think you ruined it if you taste the recipe plain. No need to worry, you didn’t ruin it. It isn’t until you drizzle the dressing on a salad when you realize how amazing honey mustard dressing is. The best part is you don’t need a ton to make a salad taste better. A little goes a long way!
Easy to Make Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad
This salad serves 4, so you may need to double it if you have a large family.
Combine lettuce with cranberries and divide evenly on four dinner plates. Top lettuce with sliced pear and pecan crusted chicken. Drizzle with desired amount of honey mustard dressing.
- 1 recipe pecan crusted chicken (see below)
- 1 recipe honey mustard dressing (see below)
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Tips and Tricks
- If you want you can also bake the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The pecan coating will not be as crunchy as it is when you fry it in the oil, but it is still good.
- For less calories and fat, use grilled chicken for this salad and shake some pecans on top for the flavor.
The Best Sweet Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
6 Simple ingredients that you whisk together until smooth. That’s it, it’s really that simple to make. It needs to be chilled until you are ready to serve. Also I store mine in the fridge. Warm salad dressing is not good on a cold salad.
This honey mustard dressing recipe also makes a wonderful and easy marinade for baked chicken.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Here is the Recipe for Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- – PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 pound
- ½ cup pecans
- 15 saltine crackers
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- – HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- – SALAD
- 8 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down;
- gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.-
- Combine pecans, crackers, Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne in a food processor or blender. Process until pecans are finely ground.
- Add 1/3 cup of milk and 2 eggs into a shallow pan (I like to use pie tins), mix with a fork until well combined.
- In an additional shallow pan add the pecan mixture.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then coat chicken in the pecan mixture-
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine lettuce with cranberries and divide evenly on four dinner plates.
- Top lettuce with sliced pear and pecan crusted chicken.
- Drizzle with desired amount of honey mustard dressing.
You May Also Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle