Lightly seasoned Air Fryer Zucchini Chips have a nice crisp and make the best savory snack! They take little effort, time and ingredients.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Healthy treats shouldn’t take forever and a day to whip up, which is why I love these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips. Lightly seasoned, this savory snack takes very little effort, time, and ingredients. Slice, season, cook, and serve – it’s really that easy.
Growing up, I always enjoyed eating my veggies. Sure, some of them took some getting used to, but overall, it was never an issue for me. If you know someone who does not particularly take to their veggies, then you should have them try my Air Fryer Zucchini Chips! They are so easy to make, have such a light taste, and are a great way to get some essential nutrients. They take no time to prepare and cooking them is as easy as cooking gets!Jump to Recipe
Snacks are oftentimes seen as being something sweet, salty, or “bad” for you. These chips really break that stereotype. There really are a lot of great options when it comes to healthy snacks. One thing I love about these chips is that they can be enjoyed among some of my favorite vegetarian dishes like Instant Pot Artichoke or even as a dipping tool with some Creamy Pumpkin Soup. They are also a very cheap vegetable and are so easy to get a hold of! In general, you can’t go wrong!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Prepare the zucchini – Wash and dry the zucchini. Using a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini to about ¼ of an inch.
- Season – Lay out the zucchini pieces and season them on both sides thoroughly.
- Cook – Place the zucchini chips one layer at a time in the air fryer basket. Cook as directed, let cool, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a baggie in a cool, dry place for up to 4 days. Store in the fridge in the same manner, for up to one week. Store in the freezer in a freezer baggie for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – You can reheat these, if pulling from the freezer or fridge, by tossing them back in the air fryer. You can also use the oven or microwave.
- Use other seasonings – If you want to mix things up, you can try other flavors. There are a ton of seasoning combinations you can find at the store. You can also go with some classics such as Italian, cajun, lemon pepper, etc.
- Adjust the cooking time – If you want even more crisp to your chips, you can always cook them a little longer. Be careful to not burn them!
- Don’t cook on a high heat setting – The trick to these chips is cooking them at a lower temperature and not doing a rush job. This is because the chips need time to dehydrate a bit so they can crisp up properly without burning.
- Serve with a dip – These chips are a delicious way to replace normal chips. A much healthier option and a unique one at that.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Can You Put Foil in an Air Fryer?
- Foil is perfectly safe to put in the air fryer. In fact, there are a lot of recipes that call for it. It is a great way to more evenly disperse the heat. Foil is also a great way to keep your air fryer clean when cooking something messy. It may even make it easier to remove some items that are saucy or greasy like some meats.
Can I Use Batter in an Air Fryer?
- Foods that are covered in a wet batter should not be used in the air fryer. The air fryer functions much more like an oven than a deep fryer. The batter will drip off the food and cause a mess to both the basket and the fan. The batter could also burn, stick and ruin the air fryer. The food will also be undercooked, gooey, and unpleasant to eat. You can, however, reheat food that has already been battered and cooked to give it its original crispiness back!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 Large Zucchini fresh
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Remove about ¼ of an inch from each end of the zucchini.
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini at ¼ of an inch per slice.
- Once fully sliced, lay the zucchini pieces out flat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix all the seasonings in a small dish and then sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the zucchini slices.
- Place a few of the zucchini slices in the basket of the air fryer, without overlapping any.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until crispy. Repeat until all the zucchini slices are cooked.
- Cool and enjoy!
If you loved these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!