Make one of the easiest and most satisfying side dishes when you whip up these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. This recipe tosses freshly chopped brussel sprouts with oil and seasonings to make one effortless recipe. Very few ingredients and a ready-to-go, tasty side dish within minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Vegetables are great. They serve such a wonderful purpose in nutrition and even dish creation. Some vegetables tend to get a bad wrap for no real reason. One of the biggest victims of this is the brussel sprout. Yes, I know, I’m with you, I truly am not a huge fan of them. However, have you tried them in the air fryer? For me, this changed brussel sprouts forever. It is such a delicious, crispy, savory way to enjoy an incredibly healthy vegetable.Jump to Recipe
Sprouts are such an excellent side dish option. They bring a type of balance to a lot of my favorite dinners. They pair perfectly with my Air Fryer Burgers or as a nice appetizer with my Ultimate Instant Pot Chicken Wings. Air fryer brussel sprouts take only a few simple ingredients and almost no effort when cooking them. Since I first made them in the air fryer, I have made them at least once a week since. I promise, if you try them in the air fryer, you will have people wondering why they haven’t fallen in love with them sooner!
How to Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Prep the brussel sprouts – If using whole sprouts, wash them, pat dry with a paper towel, and slice in half. Skip the slicing step with pre-cut sprouts.
- Toss – Place the brussel sprouts and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Cook – Place the brussel sprouts in the air fryer basket and cook as directed. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freeze in an airtight container or freezer baggie for up to 3 months.
- Reheating – Reheat using the air fryer, oven, or even the microwave. You can reheat them directly from the freezer without issue.
- Use different seasonings – I used my favorite seasonings, but you can use whichever seasonings you prefer. For example, a cajun mixture, Mexican, Greek, Italian, barbecue, etc.
- Use the same concept with other veggies – You can use this same recipe with other vegetables. You may want to adjust your temperature and cooking time accordingly, as it might not be perfect for some other vegetables.
- Skip the oil – If you prefer no oil, that’s perfectly fine. It’s just used to get the seasonings to stick. You can always leave the brussel sprouts damp and season them that way.
- Cook them longer or shorter – Depending on your texture preference, you might want to cook the brussel sprouts at different lengths. For a little more crunch to your sprouts, cook them less; for softer, cook them longer.
- Add them to a recipe – You can always use these brussel sprouts in another recipe as an addition. For example, you can add them to soup, with pasta, in salad, etc.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Are Brussel Sprouts Good for Weight Loss?
Brussel sprouts are an excellent food to add to your diet. They are a very low calorie food and are actually quite filling, which helps to further curb your appetite. Your body also digests them very efficiently due to their fiber content. Along with brussel sprouts, add some broccoli and cauliflower to your diet; they all help assist your weight loss journey!
What Happens if You Eat Too Many Brussel Sprouts?
Like many fiber rich foods, brussel sprouts can cause the issue of too much fiber. Symptoms of too much fiber include gas, bloating, stomach pain, and even constipation. You would have to really load up on brussel sprouts for this to occur though. They are an excellent source of many vitamins we need and are a great addition to any diet. However, like anything, don’t overdo it!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 12 ounces Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- If you didn’t buy pre-sliced brussel sprouts, go ahead and slice them in half. Wash and dry them.
- Toss in a bowl with all the other ingredients until thoroughly coated.
- Dump in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, stopping halfway between to toss them.
- Let cool and enjoy!
If you loved these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!