Skip heating up the house by having the oven on and make this Air Fryer Meatloaf instead! A classic, quick and easy meatloaf recipe with few ingredients. Soft bread along with fragrant garlic and onion mix with a rich ground beef to create the best dinner!
Air Fryer Meatloaf
This easy meatloaf recipe is made with few ingredients and always come out moist and delicious. No need to drown your meatloaf slice with sauce because this will not come out dry and cooks perfectly every time in the air fryer.Jump to Recipe
Don’t get me wrong, making a traditional meatloaf (or beef recipes in general) in the oven isn’t the end of the world. However, it feels like it takes an eternity to finish. With this Air Fryer Meatloaf recipe, I don’t have to cut into the middle to check and see if it’s done. I know, without fail, that the time I set it for will have it turn out perfect, inside and out.
Should You get an Air Fryer?
Yes you should get one! I may or may not be slightly obsessed with the air fryer right now. It hasn’t been a super long time since I discovered it. At first, I was like, “Nah, it couldn’t possibly be that handy or save that much time.” I was very wrong and now I can’t stop trying to use it for everything.
Not all recipes made outside of an air fryer take forever. I’m sure you know that, but there are many recipes made easier by the air fryer. Some of my favorite recipes that are quick and painless are these Ultimate Instant Pot Chicken Wings and this list of 15 Healthy and Easy Meal Prep Bowl Recipes. You truly can’t go wrong with any of those options. However, first, try this air fryer meatloaf recipe!
How to Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
This air fryer meatloaf recipe makes two small loafs. This is an easy meatloaf recipe that is sure to please the whole family. It will come out tender and moist every time!
- Prep – Place a piece of tin foil in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Assemble the meatloaf – In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the ketchup and mix well. Form into two equally sized loaves.
- Cook – Cook each loaf separately for 25 minutes. Pause for the last 5 minutes, coat in ketchup, and then allow to finish cooking.
- Drain and serve – Remove each loaf and free it of the grease. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations For Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Storage – Place your leftover meatloaf in an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Reheating – To reheat from the fridge, simply microwave in a microwave-safe dish for around a minute or until heated through. When reheating from the freezer, allow the meatloaf to thaw and then reheat using previous directions.
- Make it gluten-free – In order to make this recipe gluten-free, you’ll only need to swap out the bread for gluten-free bread. A pretty easy swap!
- Make it spicy – If you want to make this spicy meatloaf, you can either add in crushed red peppers to the meat mixture or even diced fresh or pickled jalapenos. You could also use sriracha ketchup for the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook it all at once – If you would prefer to cook the meatloaf all at once, be sure to use a larger size air fryer. You’ll want to cook it for closer to 40 minutes instead of 30. Just be sure to not heap it too high in the middle or it will cook unevenly.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Meatloaf
Can You Put Aluminum Foil in an Air Fryer?
Always double check any warnings on the specific air fryer you own, but commonly, aluminum foil is popularly used in air fryers. This Air Fryer Meatloaf recipe uses it and it’s an amazing tool! It works great for stabilizing foods and making sure they don’t get blown all over the place since an air fryer uses air. Tin foil allows the air to push down on the food instead of pushing both directions. Pretty handy!
Can I Open Air Fryer While Cooking?
You can definitely open the air fryer while cooking. It will simply pause the cooking process and start right back up once you put the drawer back in position. You can always press “off” before opening the door and then press “on” when you close the door. However, it will automatically stop and start (most air fryers do anyways) when you open and close the door.
Don’t hesitate to ask any questions or let me know any variations you used for this Air Fryer Meatloaf, in the comments below!
Here is the recipe for Air Fryer Meatloaf:
Air fryer Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs Ground beef
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Onion medium, diced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Dried parsley
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Green onion For garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the ketchup.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Line the bottom of your air fryer basket with tin foil.
- Separate the meat mixture into two equal potions. Shape both into loaf shapes.
- Place one in the bottom of the air fryer and cook at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Pause and place half of the ketchup on the top and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love:
- Perfect Smoked Brisket Recipe
- Air Fryer Burger
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- California Burger Bites
- Korean BBQ Meatballs
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle