Skip that skillet and cook up some Bacon in the Air Fryer for your breakfast! Quick, easy, and perfect every single time. No more popping grease everywhere and less fat soaked into your bacon!
Crispy and Delicious Bacon in the Air Fryer
Breakfast time can get a little crazy when starting off the day. This Air Fryer Bacon is everything you need to ensure the family is happy and well fed! You can have the bacon cooking hands free while you are making the egg muffins, pancakes, or whatever you are pairing the bacon with (unless it is bacon for bacon’s sake)! If you only ever bought an air fryer just to cook bacon, it would still be well worth it.Jump to Recipe
Bacon is one food that can unite almost all of us. It is great for any time of the day and makes quite a nice addition with countless recipes. Breakfast wouldn’t be complete without it. However, I’m not a fan of having to hang around the skillet as grease pops everywhere to cook it. I seriously make bacon so much more than I used to before my air fryer. It’s just quicker, less messy, and let’s be honest, less painful.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon
- Prep – Slice your bacon if desired. Place the sliced pieces in a single layer in the bottom of the basket. Hang the full pieces over the side of the basket.
- Cook – Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve – Remove with tongs so you don’t burn your hands and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Reheat using the air fryer or microwave.
- Use the hanging method – The hanging method is where you don’t slice the meat. You just hang it over the edge of the basket. You get to skip the slicing and you can fit more slices of bacon. Over double the amount, to be exact.
- Don’t crowd the bacon – If you stack the bacon on top of each other, it will be soggy and not cook at the same rate as the bacon that isn’t stacked.
- Making different types of bacon – If you like your bacon less crunchy, simply reduce the time it cooks. If you want it even crispier, simply increase the time. I would start with reducing or increasing by one minute.
- My bacon came out unevenly cooked – If your air fryer has a tendency to make your bacon come out awkward, flip it during cooking. For example, if one part is overly crunchy and the other part doesn’t seem done, it could just be the air fryer. Stop your bacon half way through and rotate it or flip it.
- Don’t tip the basket – It can be tempting to just flip the basket of bacon upside down on a plate once it’s finished. However, the basket is connected to the portion where the grease catches (at least it is on mine). So, you could end up with a lovely pile of grease on your plate. I suggest removing the bacon with tongs.
Common Questions About Bacon in the Air Fryer
Is it Safe to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer?
It is perfectly safe and highly recommended! You get perfect crispy bacon while avoiding all of the grease issues. In other words, you can save your clothes, counters, and hands the grief of cooking bacon because there’s none of that mess when it cooks in the air fryer. In fact, it reduces the amount of grease left on the bacon even! This is because it strains the grease off of the bacon while it cooks, giving you the flavor without the fat! There’s no popping grease, no mess, and no fuss.
Is Air Fried Bacon Healthier?
Most foods cooked in the air fryer are healthier. Bacon is a great example. The air fryer blows the grease into the bottom catching pan, leaving you with a much cleaner piece of meat. It also makes adding the bacon to a breakfast sandwich cleaner and healthier. If you went for a low sodium bacon, it would be even healthier.
Here is the Recipe for Bacon in the Air Fryer:
Bacon in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound bacon 4-10 slices
- If you prefer to place your bacon in the bottom of the basket, slice them in half and lay them in a single layer in the bottom of the basket.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees (390 for some) and cook for 8 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove from the air fryer and continue in the same manner with the next batch of bacon.
- If preferred, you can skip slicing the bacon and hang it over the edge of the basket. Follow all other steps as normal. You can fit 10 slices in the air fryer at one time using this method
If you loved this Bacon in the Air Fryer as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
You May Also Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle