These bacon and spinach egg muffins will make your morning easier! Prepare these ahead of time and microwave for a quick meal on the run.
Okay, so these aren’t exactly your traditional muffin. If you’re looking for those check out these banana muffins, peach muffins or lemon poppyseed muffins. These egg muffins are more like scrambled egg cups or mini frittatas, but my kids love when I call them egg muffins. In fact, my kids just love these egg muffins no matter what I call them. I even chopped these up for my baby and he couldn’t get enough! I love that it’s so easy to serve a warm breakfast that everyone likes and they’re also healthy, so that’s an added bonus.
You can serve these immediately or make these egg muffins a day or two ahead of time and keep chilled in the fridge until it’s time for breakfast. It just takes a quick 30-45 seconds in the microwave to heat them back up and you have a healthy breakfast on the go. Serve these with salsa or hot sauce on top for the perfect breakfast.
One of my favorite things about these egg muffins is that they are totally customizable. You can add whatever veggies you have in your fridge that you like to eat with scrambled eggs. Enjoy!
Bacon and Spinach breakfast egg muffins
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 5-6 thick slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and generously spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender and onions are translucent. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and divide veggies into the prepared muffin tin.
- Pour eggs in each cup over the veggies and fill 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cooked bacon.
- Cook in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Happy September! It’s National bacon day today so our celebrating food group came up with some mouthwatering bacon recipes to share with you today!
Celebrating Food bacon recipes:
Bacon and spinach egg muffins – My Mommy Style (me!)
Cheesy bacon meatball bites – Ashlee Marie
Maple-Bourbon Sticky Buns with Bacon – Crumb Blog
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Scallops – Savory Experiments
Bacon Egg Salad Sandwiches – Real Mom Kitchen
Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole – 365 Days of Crock Pot
Bacon Breakfast Casserole – Creations By Kara
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts – Simply Stacy
Bacon Mac and Cheese – The Baker Upstairs
More delicious bacon recipes:
Avocado chicken kabobs – My Mommy Style
Bacon cheeseburger dip – Raining Hot Coupons
Savory bacon pineapple bites – Small Town Woman
Chicken bacon ranch baked penne – Life in the Loft House
Bacon, pineapple, chicken kabobs – Recipe Diaries
Bacon fried mozzarella sticks – Oh Bite It
bacon bombs – Love Bakes Good Cakes
Egg cheddar and bacon breakfast waffles – Super Golden Bakes
Fully loaded breakfast frittata – Super Golden Bakes
Twice baked potato casserole – Just a Pinch