These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries have a light crisp on the outside and a soft, inviting center. This snack has a touch of sweetness and a hint of spice!
The Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries have a light crisp on the outside and a soft, inviting center. This snack has a touch of sweetness from the potato and a hint of spice from the paprika. When you add in the other spices, you get a snack or side dish bursting with flavor.Jump to Recipe
If you are anything like me, then you haven’t found an air fryer recipe you haven’t loved yet. If you’re looking for a new recipe that will be just as popular as all the other air fryer recipes you found, you’ve come to the right place. These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are absolutely killer! My family seriously cannot get enough of them, and I don’t blame them one bit; they are simply delicious!
One of the best parts about these fries is that they use simple ingredients you usually have around the house. They even pair well with my Smoked Pork Loin or The Perfect Air Fryer Hamburger! Let me be honest, they pair well with most dinner recipes I whip up! They are a versatile, simple, and healthy side to add to many of your favorite dishes. The family will thank you every time you decide to make these, I guarantee it.
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
- Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Prepare the potatoes – You can choose to peel or not peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them down to fry size.
- Mix the ingredients – Put your ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Then toss the fries in the bowl and coat them evenly.
- Fry and serve – Lay them out evenly in your air fryer and bake for ten minutes at 400 degrees. If you want them crispier, just cook longer! Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – These sweet potato fries are best when eaten right after they’re made. However, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. I do not suggest freezing them as their texture tends to change during the process.
- Reheating – If pulling from the fridge, you can reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven. Reheating in the air fryer and oven ensures they remain crispy, while the microwave will make them softer, although quicker.
- Add different spices – If you would like to switch up the flavors, try other spices such as an Italian mix, Mexican mix, Greek mix, etc. Cajun is always a tasty idea as well!
- Make them mild – If you prefer no spice, simply remove the paprika. Do note that removing the paprika will remove some of the flavor as well.
- Make them spicier – If you like spice and these aren’t quite spicy enough, you can add some crushed red pepper before cooking them. You can also search for a spicy spice mixture at the store as there are countless to choose from.
- Make them crispier – If you like a super crispy fry, you can move the temperature down to 350 and cook these fries about 5-7 minutes longer, or until your desired consistency is reached. You can also add a teaspoon of cornstarch into the mixture before you toss them and cook them.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Are Sweet Potato Fries Healthy? Sweet potatoes are a great source for various different vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin B6, Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium – you name it! This means they’re great for your nervous system and heart health. However, like any food, if eaten in excess, they can be bad for you due to the starch they contain.
- Do You Peel Sweet Potato Fries? It’s really up to you on whether or not you peel your sweet potato fries. I prefer to cook them without the skin, because it can retract a little bit from the taste of the potato. The skin just doesn’t cook down as well and may leave some undesired tastes or textures. That being said, there are plenty of recipes that leave the skin on and many people love them. Try it both ways and see which you prefer!
Don’t hesitate to give these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries a try and when you do, please let me know what you think in the comments below!
Here is the Recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
The Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Dried Parsley
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Peel your raw sweet potato. You can also leave the peel on.
- Slice your potato into french fries and place in a large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients.
- Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Place an even layer of the fries on the basket of your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for ten minutes. If you like them crispier, cook them a few minutes longer.
- Repeat the cooking steps until all the french fries have been cooked. Enjoy!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
More Side Dishes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad
- Weight Watchers Mexican Fruit Salad
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle