The BEST smoked pork loin recipe has the perfect mixture of sweet and smoke. The meat comes out tender and juicy with big flavor every time!
The Best Smoked Pork Loin Recipe
My husband was gifted a Traeger for Father’s Day this last year and we have been trying a bunch of different recipes to find the best smoked pork loin recipe. Some of our first attempts were just okay, but didn’t have that “Wow” factor that we were looking for. After trying 10 different recipes, we had success and found the best smoked pork loin recipe! This recipe has two simple steps to create this delicious meal the whole family is sure to enjoy.Jump to Recipe
What Does a Marinade Do?
A marinade is a combination of ingredients that add flavor, moisture and tenderizes the meat. It’s important to have moisture in your meat because it lets all of the flavors run completely through the meat and the tenderizing makes it easy to chew.
We found it tastes best to let this recipe marinade overnight, but if you are pressed for time, you will only need a minimum of 2 hours to marinade the roast.
Ways to Marinade
Don’t dump out your marinade right away. During the smoking process, we like to use the marinade for basting and injecting the pork.
A basting tool looks like a paint brush that will help deposit the remaining marinade onto the meat without brushing away the rib rub. After the roast have been cooking for about an hour, baste with marinade.
If you have a meat injector, inject roast with marinade about every 2 inches.
How long does it take to Smoke a Pork Loin?
- Using our Traeger, it took about 2-1/2 to 3 hours at 225℉. We used a 3 lb. boneless pork tenderloin for this recipe which tends to be a standard size.
- Be sure to allow enough time for your pork to marinade and soak up all of those yummy flavors of brown sugar, honey and rosemary.
How do you Smoke a Pork Loin?
- Preheat your smoker for 5 min on 225℉.
- Take your pork loin out of it’s marinade bowl, and place it directly on the grill. Once it reaches the internal temperature of 145℉, it is ready to take out of your smoker. Regardless of what kind of smoker you use to cook your pork loin, you just need to make sure the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145℉.
- Let your pork rest for 10 min before you cut and serve.
- According to the USDA, even if it has a slight pink in color when you cut it, it is still okay to eat as long as it reaches 145℉.
Sides to Serve with Smoked Pork Loin
The Pork Loin will definitely be the star of this meal. Roasted vegetables, baked potatoes and corn on the cob make a delicious side. Even a nice rice pilaf and a green salad would pair nicely. Try out some of our recipes:
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES
THE SECRET TO AMAZING INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
Here is the recipe for the best smoked pork loin:
The Best Smoked Pork Loin Recipe
- 3 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 4 tbsp Pork Rub
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 sprigs Rosemary (remove stems)
Salt & Pepper as you’d like
- This recipe calls for marinading overnight! Make sure you leave yourself enough time to marinade. If you don’t have overnight, it needs to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours.
- In a large bowl (large enough to fit your marinade and pork loin), combine apple juice, honey, pork rub, brown sugar, and rosemary.
- Whisk to combine marinade and add pork loin. Rotate pork loin to ensure entire roast is covered with marinade.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap (or pour into large ziploc bag) and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Set smoker temperature to 225 degrees.
- Place smoked pork loin directly onto grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep marinade for moping and injecting.
- After roasts have been cooking for about an hour mop with marinade. If you have a meat injector, inject roast with marinade about every 2 inches.
- Once meat has reached an internal temperature of 145 (usually about 2 1/2 to 3 hours) let rest for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Here are some other recipes we think you’d like to try:
*This Post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!