Learn how to smoke a chicken breast perfectly every time! The smoky flavor combined with the juiciness of this Traeger chicken breast will keep you asking for more.
Perfect Traeger Chicken Breast
Smoked chicken breast can be tricky! Chicken Breast is such a lean cut meaning it has very little fat. It’s very easy to dry out your chicken breast in your smoker.
With our recipe (and video) we will show you exactly how to smoke a perfect juicy, flavorful chicken breast. I promise this will become a regular in your household as it has in ours.Jump to Recipe
Perfect Chicken Breast Size
The biggest key to a perfectly smoked chicken breast is to slice your chicken breast no thicker than 1/2 inch. If your chicken breast is too thick, it’s difficult to cook the middle and ends up drying out the entire breast to get it to the correct internal temperature.
I love to buy these thin sliced chicken breasts from Foster Farms (you can get them at Costco). They are the perfect thickness and thaw out very quickly. You want to make sure your chicken breasts are completely thawed out before you start cooking them.
What is the Best Temperature to Cook Traeger Chicken Breast?
I’ve tried many different recipes for Traeger chicken breasts, some which included smoking them on low temperature (225) for long periods of time. These never worked out for me! It always ended up drying out the meat and losing all of it’s flavor.
We found that cooking it at 350 degrees for 12 minutes each side is the gives the best end result. The Traeger chicken breast with be moist and tender every time if you make it this way. There is NO need to drown it with sauce because it is that perfect!
Seasonings for Smoked Chicken Breast
On it’s own, the chicken breast doesn’t have much flavor so I do recommend you add a seasoning to both sides of the chicken breast.
My favorite seasoning is the Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub! It has an apple and honey undertone flavor with spices giving it that sweet, smokey and savory flavor combo. Also pairs perfectly with the Traeger Apricot BBQ Sauce.
If you don’t have the Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub, no big deal. Just choose your favorite seasoning for poultry and put in on.
When you apply your seasoning, don’t be afraid to throw it on there. I have a video below that will give you an example of how much seasoning to add to your chicken breasts.
How to Smoke Chicken Breast
This is a very simple recipe with big results! You’re Traeger chicken breast will be juicy and there is just enough of that smoked flavor.
- Slice your chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness. They need to be thawed if they were previously frozen.
- Preheat Smoker to 350 degrees.
- Clean your Grill with a scraper while it’s hot. (this is important to do every time)
- Pat your chicken breast dry with a paper towel and season it on both sides.
- Grill your for 12 min on each side.
- Remove from Grill and enjoy!
How Long To Smoke Chicken Breast
With a thickness of 1/2 inch and the temperature of your smoker set for 350 degrees F, you only need to cook your chicken breast for 12 minutes on each side. That will be a total cooking time of 24 minutes to fully cook a chicken breast that will come out perfectly juicy and flavorful.
Here is the recipe for the Perfect Smoked Traeger Chicken Breast:
Perfect Smoked Traeger Chicken Breast
- 3 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub
- Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Your breast should be no thicker than 1/2 inch. Feel free to fillet your breast if they are thicker than 1/2 inch.
- Preheat Smoker to 350 degrees F.
- Clean grill with scraper.
- Pat your chicken breast dry with a paper towel to help the seasoning stick.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Cook chicken breasts for 12 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
Here are some other recipes to try:
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle