Make an easy side dish when you toss together these Air Fryer Potato Wedges. They are quick to make and have the perfect crisp!
Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Make adding sides to your main dishes a cinch when you toss together these Air Fryer Potato Wedges. This recipe is quick, easy, takes very few ingredients, and turns out perfect every time. Thick slices of potatoes are coated in oil and spices, then crisped in the air fryer for your tasting
There are so many ways you can prepare a potato. Whether you mash them, fry them, or hash them up, you can never go wrong with the time-tested vegetable. One of my absolute all time favorite ways to eat them is in wedge form. Of course, they’re classically made in the oven. However, there’s no need to waste all that time when you’ve got a handy dandy air fryer. Now you don’t have to fuss around with unhealthy and difficult oils for deep fryers either! These are so simple, so tasty, and take no time at all.
These potato wedges have such simple ingredients that it will blow your mind and taste buds all at the same time. They are the perfect partner for Instant Pot Chicken Wings or any of your favorite Big Green Egg dishes! They take no time to prepare, like some recipes, and with the air fryer you simply turn it on and let it cook! I guarantee you’ll be head over heels for this recipe, just like I am, once you give it a try!
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Clean and slice – Clean your potatoes and slice them into wedges. Dry them off and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Coat and flavor – Spray some cooking spray or olive oil on the potatoes and add your spices.
- Cook – Lay them evenly spaced apart in the air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 19 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Store in an airtight container, in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
- Reheating – Reheat using the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
- Use other seasonings – If the Italian seasoning doesn’t match the meal you’re needing to serve these potato wedges with, use something else. There’s no rule that says you have to stick with Italian seasoning. Some other great seasoning mixtures would be Greek, Cajun, Mexican, etc.
- Use fresh herbs – Fresh cut herbs have a much stronger flavor than their dried counterpart. For a fresher and even more vibrant taste, use fresh herbs as your seasoning.
- Serve them with dipping sauce – Potato wedges go really well with all your classic dipping sauces. Great options are ranch, BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, etc.
- Slice them by hand – If you don’t have an apple slicer, you’re just fine to slice them by hand. Just simply match the motions an apple slicer would use to make your own wedges. Of course, you don’t have to make them perfect. Each wedge will be different and that’s perfectly ok.
Common Asked Questions About Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Are Potato Wedges Healthier Than Fries? The health properties really come down to how they are cooked. If the fries were fried in oil then yes, my air fried potato wedges are much healthier. However, both can be either fried in oil or air fried. Therefore, it comes down to the fact that both potato wedges and fries are just potatoes with different cuts. So, both have the same exact health factors. The only way to make them any healthier is to choose to air fry them or bake them without oil.
- Why Do My Potato Wedges Stick? Potatoes contain a lot of starch. If you soak and rinse the potatoes after slicing them, you can prevent them from sticking. The water soaks up and removes starch from the potatoes. In this recipe we spray it with some non-stick cooking spray. Any fat or oil will help to prevent your wedges from sticking. However, for the healthiest route, I just use non-stick spray.
Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Non-stick Spray
- Wash potatoes.
- Using an apple slicer, stand the potato on end and slice it.
- Pat the potato wedges dry and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Spray with nonstick spray or drizzle with oil.
- Generously sprinkle with sea salt and Italian seasoning.
- Place a single layer of potato wedges at a time in the basket of your air fryer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 19 minutes. Enjoy!
If you loved these Air Fryer Potato Wedges as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle