This Air Fryer Donut Recipe has a cinnamon roll dough base, dusted with powdered sugar and dicing. The perfect dessert with a light crisp!
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Donut Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy, quick, yet delicious dessert recipe, this Air Fryer Donut Recipe is perfect for you! Already prepared cinnamon roll dough is molded and cut out into donut shapes. It’s then covered in decadent powdered sugar and drizzled with richly sweet icing.Jump to Recipe
If you are like me and need to have a sweet tooth fix, but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen baking your favorite dessert, then have I got the recipe for you! My Air Fryer Donuts are so fast and tasty they will have you asking yourself why you didn’t make more of them! They are seriously so delicious and easy, I want to scream it from the rooftops. This recipe uses the easiest ingredients and prep time is no hassle. I promise, you will love these tasty morsels.
These donuts are great for after school snacks, late night snacks, and can even be a quick and simple treat on the go. They can even be a tasty way to start your day along with some Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins or my Cinnamon Coffee Cakes Muffins. Since they are made in the air fryer, you get to skip the frying oil, making them a little bit healthier! Whatever the occasion is, these donuts are an easy go-to recipe. You really won’t regret learning how to make them!
How to Make Air Fryer Donuts
- Prepare the dough – Combine and knead your cinnamon rolls on a floury surface. Form the dough into a roll. Add flour if the mix is too gooey.
- Cut donuts – With a sharp knife, cut the roll into half inch slices and if necessary, shape them into discs. Use a small round cookie cutter and make the hole in the center of each donut.
- Bake – Place 3-4 in the air fryer and bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Coat and eat – Mix your cinnamon and powdered sugar. Cover your donuts after they have finished baking. Heat the icing that comes with your rolls and drizzle over the donuts. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a covered container in the pantry for up to 3 days. This air fryer donut recipe can be stored in the fridge or freezer in a covered container. In the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheating – Reheat using the microwave for the best results. You may need to add more powdered sugar once your donuts have been reheated.
- Use frosting – Instead of powdered sugar, you can top your donuts with some frosting.
- Any flavor you prefer. You could even color the frosting, if using white, and match the donuts for a party or occasion you’re having.
- Skip the powdered sugar – If you prefer, you can skip the powdered sugar and just use the icing for a planer donut.
- Skip the icing – If you don’t like your donuts over the top sweet, you can skip the icing and just use the powdered sugar.
- Coat in cinnamon and sugar – If you prefer, you can always coat your donuts in cinnamon and sugar. You could do this before baking and after baking, both, for a really nice flavor boost. When coating them afterwards, you may need a bit of melted butter brushed on to get the mixture to stick really well.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Donut Recipe
- Can you use PAM in an Air Fryer? Yes you can and in most cases, it is recommended. Since PAM is a cooking spray, it is perfectly safe to use in the hot air fryer. It also helps to prevent anything from sticking to the pan under the fryer.
- What is Correct: Doughnuts or Donuts? The dictionary, and defined spelling, is “doughnut.” The word donut is an Americanized and branding version of the word. Both are widely accepted ways of spelling the classic dessert, especially in our modern times. In fact, it’s more common to see “donuts” than it is “doughnut” anymore. Whatever you feel comfortable with!
Air Fryer Donut Recipe
- 1 can Ready Made Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Flour a surface and dump out the cinnamon rolls.
- Knead them together, turning them inside out over and over. Mold them into a thickcylinder. You’ll need to keep adding flour as you knead them as they get messy andgooey.
- Using a sharp knife, cut about ½-inch slices (a little less) until you’ve sliced the entireroll. If need be, gently stretch them into circles if the knife flattened them.
- Using a ½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each circle.
- Place a couple in the air fryer at a time and bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Pull the donuts straight from the air fryer and completely coat them in the powderedsugar mixture. Place them on a piece of wax paper.
- Using the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls, heat it for a few seconds in themicrowave, and use a spoon to drizzle the icing across each donut.
- Enjoy right away!
If you loved this easy Air Fryer Donut Recipe as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!