Airplane activities for kids are enjoyable for all ages. Here are some fun, high-flying projects, snacks and books to get you going.
Fun Airplane Activities for Kids
My kids get so excited when they see an airplane in the sky. I think all parents can remember when there little one started to say the word airplane and point to the sky with their tiny fingers.
We have put together a list of some fun airplane activities for kids as apart of a Summer learning series topic. If you are new to that term summer learning series, let me explain what that means. I have a background in education and I’ve created a group of posts with topics that are meant to encourage learning while having fun and playing to get you through the summer.
Remember these airplane activities for kids are just suggestions and we never intend for you to everything in the summer learning series posts. Just pick something that looks fun to you or use this as inspiration to choose your very own activity.
This theme of airplanes is an easy one because you could simply have a picnic at the park and watch for airplanes to fly over. You could even make a chart to count how many you see.
6 Airplane Activities for Kids
- My boys love paper airplanes so we plan on making some and having a family night paper airplane races. If you don’t know how to make a paper airplane click HERE to find out how to make a simple one that flies really well.
- If you want something a little sturdier than paper airplanes you could make one of these foam airplanes from Handsonaswegrow.com
- Check out how cute these clothespin airplanes are from Create Craft Love.
- These footprint planes would be a fun outdoor art project. I’m thinking a few cotton balls for the clouds would be cute too!
- I love these color by number prints from spelloutloud.com. She has the download for this page on her blog to print out and use.
- These airplane sponge stamps from craftulate.com are a cute and simple art project. These would be pretty easy to cut out of sponges from the dollar store or any you have sitting around the house.
Airplane Snacks for Kids
Here are two yummy and fun airplane snacks you could make:
- Grape tomatoes, baby carrot slices, cheese, and crackers make this adorable little propeller plane.
- I know my kids would go crazy for these peanut butter and celery airplanes from crystalandcomp.com!
Here are a few of our favorite airplane books:
Amazing Airplanes: This board book has simple pictures and few words, but my kids seem to never get sick of it. It’s still a favorite after many years.
Planes Board Book: You have to love Sally, Huckle, and Lowly!
Richard Scarry’s A Day at the Airport: Your kids will have fun learning all about different jets and airplanes with this book.
Big Book of Airplanes: If you’re planning a trip on an airplane any time soon this is a great book to get your kids ready.
My First Airplane Ride: We hope you have a soaring good week with your kiddos! If you do any fun airplane activities this week use #MMSsummerlearningseries on your photos so we can see what you’ve been up to.
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You May Also Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle