Make it fun learning the layers of the Earth for kids! These activities, crafts and snacks make it easy to teach; plus, there is a free coloring printable.
Learning the Layers of the Earth for Kids
My kids love learning about earth science and think anything about the Earth is cool. I’m excited about doing some of these fun activities with them, especially the ones that involve chocolate!
13 Activities for Learning the Layers of the Earth for Kids
- Create an easy play dough volcano with a print-out that illustrates the layers of the earth and how volcanoes are formed.
- Layers of the earth coloring page. There are so many fun activities to teach older children about the layers of the earth, but not many for preschoolers or young children. This is a simple coloring page that is perfect. You may have to help read the words, but it will make it easier to teach the layers of the Earth.
- No better way to teach layers of the Earth for kids with this Play dough earth layers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Taking a core sample with cupcakes from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is definitely a unique way to learn about the layers fo the Earth, plus it makes a yummy treat.
- Downloadable earth layers cards and use them to make a memory game or even go fish.
- These are Parts of the earth cards from ABC Teach. Make some flip cards with these for a great visual aid.
- With just simple ingredients, make this colorful Rice and Beans earth layers art project from The Pinay Homeschooler.
- Get those little hands messy for these Toddler Painted Layers of the Earth from Mamas Happy Hive.
- This would be a fun dinner or lunch idea to make Layers of the Earth Pizza from Earth Mamas World.
- Felt is the perfect material to use in this Layers of the the Earth Felt Puzzle from Powerful Mothering.
- Another tasty way to teach Layers of the Earth for kids. These Edible earth layers are from Hall of Fame Moms.
- The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth is the perfect book to read to teach about the layers of the Earth.
Layers of the Earth for Kids Treat
This layers of the Earth treat was shared to us from Briton at Rad Mom Cool Kid blog. This is a fun and easy treat to help kids learn about the layers of the Earth.
Before we get to the treats, lets talk about the layers of the Earth. In very basic terms there are 4 layers:
- Inner Core – solid
- Outer Core – liquid
- Mantle – liquid (this liquid is much thicker than the outer core)
- Crust – solid
To recreate the different layers of the Earth in treat form you’ll need:
- Whole Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Inner Core
- Chocolate Pudding – Outer Core
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – Mantle
- Crushed Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Crust
Layer the treats in clear mason jars so you can see everything. This is such a fun and visual way to help kids learn the layers of the earth. The pudding works best after chilling for several hours, plus it will soften the cookies. If you can’t wait, just eat it warm and the cookies will have more of a crunch.
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You May Also Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle