Here at My Mommy Style we believe strongly in bring you resources that will help enrich your child’s life through Summer Learning. That is why we created our Summer Learning Series, you can check out all of our posts from last year HERE and we continue to look for education resources that are fun to do and easy to apply with your children at home.
We are thrilled to introduce to you Think Earth, a non-profit resource for teachers and parents! Think Earth, is an award winning green curriculum for kids grades K-2, a free online resource of lesson plans and activities that you can use to teach your children this Summer. You can register for free HERE and have access to all of the materials you will need. Each lesson provides a list of what your child will be learning, vocabulary, list of items you will need, stories, and songs. It makes the learning process so easy and manageable.
It only takes a few hours for kids to do, and provides engaging and worksheets and videos on things like natural resources, pollution and sustainability to help empower them with behaviors that can make a difference to the planet, and generally help them learn about being good stewards of the earth.
We feel very strongly about teaching children how they can take better care of our mother Earth as well as have fun outdoors learning about how the world we live in exists and how we can do a better job of taking care of it for the future.
What does it mean to Think Earth?
• Conserve natural resources
• Reduce waste
• Minimize pollution
· You can find grades K-2 grade worksheets and more here.
· An interesting Think Earth video for the kids to watch.
· Think Earth links to Online Games and Activities for Kids
· You can see the Think Earth information for grades K-3.
Keep in mind that Grade 3 will be online in June and the other grades throughout the year ending in Spring of 2016.
Some Parent Testimonials:
“This is the best program I’ve seen in years. It’s exciting, hands-on, age appropriate, and teacher friendly. Thank you for developing this!”
• “This is a really great, well-planned unit—a wonderful time saver for a busy teacher.” • “It is so complete that I didn’t really have to supplement it.”
• “I have several other resources but use this one all the time. Well organized and interesting.”
• “I appreciate the ease of use; all the materials are so well-written and thought out.”
You can connect with Think Earth through Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Make sure to stay tuned for our Summer Learning Series that kicks off with Creativity this coming Monday, we can’t wait to share with you all of the fun ideas!
You might also be interested in these posts:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!