Have you ever wondered how to cook zoodles? We have some of the best tips for making zoodles along with 30 of the best zoodles recipes on the internet.
Have you ever tried zoodles? They are a great low-carb, gluten free, healthy option for pasta and they even taste great! Seriously! They have a great texture that is pretty darn close to spaghetti. So if you’re trying to eat healthier this is a great way to feel like you’re eating a huge comforting plate of noodles without all the carbs. There are so many great ways to make zoodles and we’ve rounded up 30 of the best recipes for you to check out. Click on the link below each picture to find the direction to each recipe. I know you’ll find a new favorite zoodles recipe here!
Before we get to the recipes here are some tips to help you make zoodles:
Tips for making zoodles:
- You can julienne your zucchini or even use a potato peeler, but that obviously takes more time than buying a spiralizer. They aren’t too much money (this one is less than $10!) and worth the investment if you like zoodles. And a spiralizer works for more veggies than just zucchini.
- Try to buy zucchini that is straight for the most part, it makes it easier to turn them into noodles.
- Cut the tips off of the zucchini so that they can secure on your zoodle maker more easily.
- If you do have a bent zucchini you can make your zoodles in sections to make the process easier if you have a really long zucchini.
- If you don’t get it right the first time don’t panic! It took me a couple of tries to feel like I knew what I was doing.
- After making your zoodles place them on a paper towel on the counter and sprinkle with salt and let them sweat for 20-30 minutes. This helps release a lot of the moisture so you don’t end up with soggy noodles.
- Zoodles don’t take long to cook. You basically just need to warm them up because if they cook too much they’ll be mushy. So you’re looking at 1-2 minutes!
- One of the best parts of substituting zoodles for pasta is that you don’t have to cook them separately. You can cook them in the same pan with whatever sauce your making until they’re done.
If you’re looking for a zoodle maker (also known as a spiralizer), these are a few that I really like (click on the photos to check them out):
How to cook zoodles – 30 awesome recipes:
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken with Zoodles from My Mommy Style
Delicious chicken in a light cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes served over zoodles.
Korean BBQ zoodles from My Mommy Style
Packed with vegetables and flavor, these zoodles are topped with carrots, peppers and Korean meatballs.
Zucchini noodles with creamy avocado pesto from Eat Yourself Skinny
This vegetarian meal is super filling and so healthy. This creamy dish is good served cold too, if you like raw veggies. Or you can serve it warm for more of a pasta feel.
Garlic Parmesan Zoodles from Gimme Delicious
Flavorful and fragrant dish made with butter, garlic and parmesan. This healthy and delicious dinner has four ingredients and is ready in under 10 minutes.
Lemon garlic chicken zoodles from The Iron You
This is a delicious one skillet dinner, 30 minute meal with cherry tomatoes, chicken, lemon, garlic, parsley and fresh zucchini.
One-pot zoodles and meatballs from The Kitchn
A quick and easy twist on the family favorite. Using pre-made frozen meatballs makes this one pan meal even faster.
Cilantro lime shrimp scampi with zoodles from Closet Cooking
Combining the classic scampi flavor with cilantro and lime for a huge punch of flavor in this healthy dinner.
Bruschetta grilled chicken zoodle bowls from Whitney Bond
Zucchini noodles topped with tomato bruschetta and grilled chicken. Healthy and delicious!
Stir fry zoodles from Diethood
This recipes not only has spiralized zucchini, but also spiralized onions. They’re tossed with teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame seeds for a delicious and low carb stir fry.
Zoodles with healthy turkey meat sauce from Classy Clutter
Ground turkey and marinara sauce simmered with some herbs. This is a classic, family favorite dinner with a healthy twist.
Peanut chicken zoodles from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Simple Asian inspired, peanut chicken zucchini noodles. Light, flavorful and ready in 40 minutes.
Spiralized greek salad from Pretty Providence
Fresh greek salad with salty kalamata olives, grape tomatoes and feta cheese.
One-pot teriyaki chicken with zoodles from Life Made Sweeter
All the flavors of family favorite teriyaki chicken served with zoodles. You can easily add extra veggies if you’d like and this is made in one skillet for quick cleanup.
Honey Sriracha chicken zucchini zoodles from Rasa Malaysia
Healthy noodles with sweet and spicy Sriracha chicken.
Sausage and peppers with zoodles from Two Peas in Their Pod
Sweet and spicy Italian sausage with peppers, onions, and zucchini noodles in a simple garlic tomato sauce.
One pan skillet lasagna zoodles from Life Made Sweeter
Zucchini noodles made wide to resemble lasagna noodles in this cheesy and delicious one pan lasagna dish.
Roasted garlic and red pepper zoodles from Running on Real Food
Zucchini noodles with a healthy and flavorful sauce made from roasted garlic and red pepper.
Creamy sun dried tomato and Parmesan chicken zoodles from Cafe Delites
Delicious cream based sauce with sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese, pan fried chicken strips served with zoodles.
Chicken piccata over zoodles from Kim’s Cravings
Classic lemony chicken piccata served over zoodles to keep it low carb.
Garlic lime cashew zoodles from Salt and Lavender
Chow mein made with zoodles from Paleo Hacks
Creamy chicken mushroom zoodles from My Zucchini Recipes
One-pan Mongolian beef zoodles from Life Made Sweeter
Coconut curry zoodle soup from 40 Aprons
Chicken parmesan with zoodles from Pinch of Yum
Chicken and zoodle caprese from Skinny Taste
Drunken zucchini noodles from Kirbie Cravings
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle