This salad is so delicious! Serve with grilled chicken on the side and you have a perfect meal. My kids were not fans of the olives, but loved the crunchy pita croutons. I think the olives give the perfect salty meaty flavor (how in the world do you describe the taste of an olive!?) Anyway, I think all the flavors worked well together, we will be making this again!
Greek Salad with pita croutons
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 10 kalamata olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Place pita on a cookie sheet and toast in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until crunchy, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl toss together remaining ingredients and salad dressing.
- Top with pita croutons.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!