Curb your cravings for sweets with this guilt-free Homemade Keto Ice cream. A classic, creamy vanilla dessert made with only 4 ingredients.
Guilt-Free Homemade Keto Ice Cream
Make a classic dessert a healthy one with this Homemade Keto Ice Cream recipe! Heavy cream, vanilla, and keto sweetener are whipped and frozen to creamy perfection. With only 4 ingredients, this will be one of the easiest sweet treats you’ve ever created.Jump to Recipe
I have to admit that there are a few things I really miss since I have been following a keto lifestyle. There are a ton of great alternatives for some of our favorite desserts. One thing that always fell short to me was my beloved ice cream. So, I decided to try my hand at creating my own! Boy, did I hit it out of the park (not to toot my own hort). It has all the things you love about ice cream; sweet, cold, and creamy. Now you can really enjoy one of the best treats while keeping up with your keto diet!
The best part about this recipe is you don’t have to be on the keto diet to enjoy it. My kids actually ask me for it! It is perfect on a cone or in a dish with all the fixin’s. It is a great summertime treat or perfect when you are snuggled up under the blankets. What I love to do is crumble up some 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies into the ice cream or top my No Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie with it. There really is nothing this ice cream can’t do when compared to regular ice cream. It is a recipe that has truly brought me happiness and hope back to snacking on keto.
How to Make Keto Ice Cream from Scratch?
- Combine ingredients – Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix ingredients – Using a hand mixer on medium, beat the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Freeze and serve – Pour in a loaf pan, cover with plastic, and freeze for 4 hours or until solid. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Do not store in the fridge or pantry.
- Reheating – You don’t want to heat this ice cream recipe or it will melt. However, if you’re having trouble scooping it, a quick 10-15 seconds in the microwave should soften it up for easier scooping.
- Add vodka – Add 1 tablespoon of unflavored vodka for a keto-friendly way to soften your ice cream. The addition of vodka will also alleviate the formation of ice crystals on or in your ice cream.
- Swap out the vanilla extract – It’s super easy with this base keto ice cream recipe to make any flavor you like. Simply swap out the vanilla extract for other extract flavors such as birthday cake, hazelnut, rum, etc.
- Toppings – Some of my keto-friendly toppers for this keto ice cream are dark chocolate chunks, berries, keto jam, keto whipped cream, etc.
- Serve on other desserts – If you’re looking for a topper on other keto desserts, this homemade keto ice cream is a great choice.
Common Questions About Homemade Keto Ice Cream
Why is Keto Ice Cream So Hard?
Nothing is worse than hard ice cream. One of the most common causes of rock hard ice cream is there is not enough fat content. Fat doesn’t freeze, so the more fat you have the softer the ice cream will be. Alcohol is another excellent way to make ice cream softer because it also doesn’t freeze in the freezer. One more trick to add fat content to the ice cream while keeping it keto is to add egg yolks. Yolks are most commonly used in making frozen custard. It is an excellent way to keep your ice cream silky and creamy.
What Ice Cream is Keto Friendly?
Ice creams that use a sugar free sweetener are typically pretty good choices to go with for keto diets. There are a variety of brands that cater to the needs of this diet. Halo is one of the main brands that people turn to. However, there have been a few new brands to hit the market. In other words, walk down the aisle of Walmart, and you’ll see multiple options for keto ice cream. Of course, making your own is always an option as well.
Here is the Recipe for Homemade Keto Ice Cream
Guilt-Free Homemade Keto Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 Tbsp Keto Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- ½ Tbsp Xanthan Gum
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer on medium, beat the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in a loaf pan, cover with plastic, and freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
If you loved this Homemade Keto Ice Cream as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!