This delicious keto pancake syrup is easy to make, takes very few ingredients and is perfectly healthy for your keto lifestyle!
Keto Pancake Syrup
Don’t leave your breakfast bland and lifeless when you can use this delicious Keto Pancake Syrup instead! Extremely easy and is perfectly healthy for your keto lifestyle. Goes great with our keto almond four pancakes or our keto coconut flour pancakes.Jump to Recipe
Breakfast is highly recognized as being the most important meal of the day, given the benefits you get from it. However, just because it is serious doesn’t mean it can’t be fun! My tasty Keto Pancake Syrup is the best way to put a smile on your face while keeping a healthy balance in your daily routine.
Don’t let the name of this fool you though. It’s the perfect addition to a lot of recipes that include syrup. You can use it as a sweetener in recipes, pour it over ice cream, etc. Some things I love to eat it with are my Dairy Free Whole Wheat Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes or these Rice Milk Waffles. Whatever you decide to eat it with, I guarantee it will make it feel less of a diet and more of a fun and healthy choice!
How to Make Keto Pancake Syrup
- Combine – Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Whisk – Whisk all of the ingredients well.
- Cook – Warm the mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, occasionally whisking.
- Serve – Remove from heat and let cool a minute or two. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – You can store this in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a month. I do not suggest freezing this recipe. You can get away with storing this syrup in the pantry for about a week.
- Reheating – Simply use the microwave to heat this syrup if need be. Heating it will thin it out a bit, so beware.
- Store it in a squeeze bottle – To be able to use it like regular syrup, store it in a squeeze bottle. You might save a syrup bottle and wash it out and use it as a frugal option.
- Add other flavors – You can swap out the maple or vanilla extract for another flavor of extract. Some other flavor options might be orange, lemon, chocolate, hazelnut, birthday cake, rum, etc. There are a ton of extract flavors to choose from.
- Add spices – You can also adjust the flavor of the syrup by adding in spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, etc.
- Make it thicker – If it’s not thick enough for you, you can add a bit more xanthan gum or let it simmer, uncovered, for a bit longer. It’s important to let it cool first before trying to thicken it as it thickens during the cooling process.
- Thin it out – If you feel the syrup is too thick, you can add a bit of water.
Common Questions About Keto Pancake Syrup
- Can You Have Maple Syrup on Keto? The world of sugar is very large and a lot more complicated than we know. Compared to sweeteners like honey, pure maple syrup has so many more health benefits than due to its sugar sucrose. It is actually a great part of a lot of healthy diets where sweeteners are concerned. However, when we are talking about keto, it is very important to keep carb content down, and sugar is one of the most prevalent carbs in everyone’s daily diet. The syrup I have provided you with is specifically designed to hit your taste buds while keeping your body in full blown ketosis. Your average everyday syrup you buy in the store isn’t keto, even the healthy organic kinds.
- What Pancake Syrup is Keto Friendly? Syrups that try to avoid sugars and carbs are the only ones that can be considered keto-friendly. There are some companies that cater to this niche market. However, making my Keto Maple Syrup is so simple and can save you a lot of money in the long run. Plus, it keeps very well in your fridge!
Here is the Recipe for the Best Keto Pancake Syrup
The Best Keto Pancake Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar Substitute
- 1 ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Combine everything in a small saucepan and whisk well.
- Heat on medium/low heat for about 5 minutes, whisking in between.
- Remove from heat and use it with your favorite breakfast foods!
- Yields 14 Ounces
If you loved this Keto Pancake Syrup as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!