Keto Chocolate Mug Cake makes the perfect quick and healthy sweet treat. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll have a ready to eat low carb dessert.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy sweet treat, this Keto Chocolate Mug Cake is the recipe for you! In 5 minutes or less, you’ll have one serving of low carb chocolate cake sitting before you. Top with keto chocolate syrup or berries and dive into this decadent dessert.Jump to Recipe
Few things give me as much joy as chocolate. It’s so great in so many ways; chocolate drinks, chocolate bars, and chocolate ice cream. One recipe that is a must-try chocolate dessert is my Keto Chocolate Mug Cake. It is such a fun and delicious recipe to create and customize. It has so many wonderful textures and flavors that really treat the senses. This is the perfect dessert to fix that sweet tooth and remain healthy at the same time.
This recipe calls for easy-to-find ingredients and is incredibly simple to bake. It is fully keto and a much healthier option to other sugar-filled desserts. This is the kind of dessert you make yourself when it’s just you and a glass of keto wine. I usually serve after enjoying some Healthy Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs are with my favorite dish, Easy Homemade Lasagna. It really is the dessert that puts the exclamation point on dinner for one.
How to Make a Chocolate Mug Cake from Scratch?
- Combine wet ingredients – Place the butter in a bowl and melt it in the microwave. Add the egg to the bowl and mix well.
- Combine ingredients – Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until little to no lumps remain.
- Mug it and microwave it – Pour into a coffee cup and place in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – I don’t suggest storing a mug cake. They dry out very quickly and are best eaten right out of the microwave. If you must, you can store the mug cake in a cake keeper in the pantry for up to 2 days.
- Reheating – If possible, I would skip reheating this keto mug cake since it gets dried out very easily. However, using the microwave is the best way to warm up this tasty treat.
- Add other extract flavors – Instead of vanilla extract, you can use other extract flavors in its place. This will mix up the flavor of the cake for an easy adjustment.
- Add toppings – Keto whipped cream, keto chocolate sauce, keto hot fudge, etc. are all delicious choices for topping your rich and chocolatey dessert. I love adding fresh or freeze dried berries as well!
- Don’t overheat – It only takes a few seconds too long to overcook this mug dessert and then it’s very dry. I learned this the hard way. You want your cake soft and moist, not dry and impossible to swallow.
Common Questions About Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
Do Mug Cakes Actually Work?
Mug cakes totally work. Healthier mug cakes aren’t as pretty as the unhealthy options, though. This is because there really is no match for traditional flour and the end result it brings to cakes and breads. Although they’re not quite like a normal mug cake, they’re still pretty awesome and a great way for killing a sweet teeth while focusing on healthy eating.
Is it Safe to Eat Mug Cakes?
Mug cakes are perfectly safe to eat! Eggs take no time at all to fully cook in the microwave. Those are the only ingredients you can’t eat raw. They come out nice and hot, and fully cooked. There are a ton of great raw ingredients you can add to them that taste great when they have been cooked. They are growing very quickly in popularity and are very easy to snack on at home. It’s important to note that unhealthy mug cakes will utilize flour and it can be dangerous to your health when uncooked. However, a mug cake heats up enough that the flour is clear or eating. So, whether healthy or unhealthy, mug cakes are perfectly safe for consumption.
Here is the Recipe for Keto Chocolate Mug Cake:
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- ½ Tbsp almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a small bowl, place the butter and melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
- Add the egg to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until little to no lumps remain.
- Pour into an average sized coffee cup.
- Place in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. Enjoy
If you loved this Keto Chocolate Mug Cake as much as I did, please let me know in the comments below!
More Keto Recipes You Might Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle