This homemade sausage lasagna blew us away! The flavor was a mix of sweet and spice with a hint of cinnamon (secret ingredient). It was unlike any other lasagna I had ever had before. The leftovers were gone the next day!
Easy Homemade Sausage Lasagna
- 1 lb Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 pkg "oven ready" lasagna noodles (9 oz)
- 29 oz Tomato Sauce
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Seasonings (All to Taste)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
- crushed red pepper
- rosemary, fresh or dry
- Follow the instructions for baking the oven ready lasagna. In our case, pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Brown meat in one pan, and in a sauce pan on low heat, add the tomato sauce and everything else except the lasagna & cheese. (the spices are to taste, you're looking for a sweet/salty/spicy flavor, be generous with the creole)
- Then turn off the heat and layer your ingredients in a greased pan. (I use glass) Start by placing some sauce in the bottom, then the lasagna. After that you will continue with meat, sauce, cheese and repeat. At the top, place lasagna, sauce and finally cheese.
- Make sure cover and bake for about 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let sit for 15, cut & serve!
Here are some other lasagna recipes we have featured on MyMommyStyle:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!