This Peanut Butter Twix Pie is a creamy slice of chocolate peanut butter heaven! Full of yummy flavors and it’s an easy no bake recipe.
Peanut Butter Twix Pie
Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite flavor combination of ALL TIME! My favorite candy bar happens to be Peanut Butter Twix. So I thought to myself, why not combine two of my favorite things to make this Twix pie!
One of the best parts of this Peanut Butter Twix Pie is that it is SO easy to make. The hardest part is trying not to eat all of the pie filling straight out of the bowl while it’s being made. Oh, and waiting 4 hours for it to chill is pretty hard too.
Every year for my birthday, I ask for this pie and my kids can make it for me. With no baking involved, I don’t have to worry about them using the oven. They may just need a little help with cutting up the Peanut Butter Twix bars.Jump to Recipe
What is a Twix Pie
You may be wondering how do you make a candy bar into a pie? It’s all about the layers in this Twix pie. This pie has 3 layers and there are 2 toppings.
- Shortbread Cookie Crust (layer)
- Peanut Butter Filling Layer (layer)
- Chocolate Mouse Layer (layer)
- Chopped up Peanut Butter Twix Bars (topping)
- Chocolate Drizzle on the top (topping)
Where Can I Find a Peanut Butter Twix Bar?
We love the texture and extra peanut butter twix flavor from putting pieces of the candy bar on top of this pie.
I’ve found Peanut Butter Twix in the regular grocery store, but they are not always there. Here is what they look like so you can watch for them next time you are in that grocery store line. They are also available to purchase here, but they may cost you a little more.
If you don’t have Peanut Butter Twix around, you can just leave them out of the recipe all together and just do a chocolate drizzle on top.
How to Make a Shortbread Cookie Crust
Shortbread Cookie Crust only has 2 ingredients:
- Shortbread Cookies
Take your shortbread cookies (we like Walker’s brand) and crush them in a ziplock bag. Place the shortbread crumbs into a bowl and mix with melted butter. Press that into you pie plate and refrigerate until you’re ready to pour in the filling.
What’s in the Peanut Butter Filling for the Twix Pie?
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut butter
- Cool Whip
This is a no bake pie filling, meaning it doesn’t need any oven time to make it. Instead, it needs time to get cold which helps it hold together. Because it has cream cheese and cool whip, it’s important to store it in the refrigerator.
How about the Chocolate Layer
Melt 1/4 c. semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave. Be Careful when you melt the chocolate because it has a tendency to burn. We recommend heating and stirring every 30 sec until it is all melted together.
Combine that melted chocolate with half of the container of Cool Whip. Spread on top of the peanut butter layer and that’s it. Refrigerate with out the toppings for 4 hours. Yes, you read that right….4 hours! You really want everything to have time to set up.
I usually will make my twix pie the night before I’m planning to serve it. When it’s ready to be served, add the topping and prepare yourself for the Best Dessert Ever!
Here is the Recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie:
No Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- 6-7 Tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/4 c. for chocolate filling and other 1/4 c. to melt and drizzle on top of pie
- 1 1/2 8 oz containers Cool Whip
- 2 peanut butter Twix candy bars chopped
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in peanut butter and sugar. Gently fold in 1 container (8 ounces) of Cool Whip.
- Add filling into pie crust and evenly spread.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir in half of a container of Cool Whip. Spread over top of pie.
- Chill pie at least 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving, top pie with chopped Twix candy bars and melt about 1/4 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over the Twix.
Here Are Some Other Recipes We This You’ll Like:
*This post contains affiliate links. This in no way affects the cost of your purchase, but simply helps us with a few cents and to continue providing you these fun ideas! Thank you for your support.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle