Have you heard of the Disney Food and Wine Festival hosted in Disney California Adventure Park each year? This festival is your chance to taste your way through the Park with limited-time offerings that include food and drink, demonstrations from chefs and hands-on learning opportunities for aspiring chefs of all ages.
Disney Food and Wine Festival 2020
While 2020 dates for the Disney Food and Wine Festival have not yet been released, it typically begins March 1. Up until recently it was only open on weekends to Park guests, but as of 2019 it enjoyed a much longer run from March 1 through mid-April weekdays and weekends. Get Away Today is telling us all about the Disney Food and Wine Festival so you can make your 2020 vacation plans.
Disney Food and Wine Festival 2020 – Events
During the Disney Food and Wine Festival, there are a number of events that do not require any advance registration. Additionally, there are events that do not require an additional cost on top of valid theme park admission. Download the free, official Disneyland app to keep track of all the events at the Food and Wine Festival so you can plan the ultimate foodie experience!
Here’s a sampling of no-cost events at the Food and Wine Festival that have not required reservations in the past:
- Chef demonstrations on weekends, including Fridays. The demonstrations are geared toward all ages. Plus they can inspire home chefs of all skill levels.
- Food kiosks will be positioned throughout the Park to allow guests to purchase food and wine samples featuring cuisine from around the world. The offerings are usually priced at $14.99 or less. You can view menus online as the Festival start date approaches.
- Short seminars (under an hour) are often hosted by professional chefs to help families make the most out of meal times. In 2019 a chef presented tips for making meal time memorable as a family.
- Kids ages 3 – 11 can get in the kitchen themselves with hands-on instruction and the chance to sample their own creations. Chef Goofy was in attendance in 2019 when this experience was hosted in the Hollywood Backlot.
- Specialty drinks are available to guests 21 and older during the Food and Wine Festival at restaurants like Sonoma Terrace. Existing menus are expanded during the Festival. You’ll have an opportunity to branch out from your usual craft beer or cocktail.
- Many delicious non-alcoholic drinks, such as watermelon lemonade, is available during the Food and Wine Festival. Be sure to check the limited-time menus!
Celebrity Guest Experiences
For those interested in celebrity guest experiences, meals with Disney chefs and separately-ticketed events like Sweet Sundays, here’s what you can look forward to in 2020:
- Celebrity chef demonstrations typically include a sampling of the meal prepared. Get up close and personal with a world-renowned guest at the Disney Food and Wine Festival.
- Disney Chefs might have one of the best jobs ever! Learn what it’s like to concoct some of Disney’s most beloved cuisine and enjoy a four-course meal as their guest. You can also purchase an official Food and Wine Festival cookbook that features dishes created by Disney Chefs.
- TopChefs and Master Chef stars offer demonstrations at the Festival and will take questions from audience members throughout. This often includes a buffet in this experience.
- A separately ticketed event during the Food and Wine Festival is Sweet Sundays. IT is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Interview the chefs behind the desserts you sample and enjoy a light meal as well.
- During the Food and Wine Festival you can also participate in wine tastings and mixology demonstrations. These are only available to guests age 21+.
The agents at Get Away Today advise registering for these events as early as possible. Many fill up and sell out quickly. Look for registration information on Disney’s website in the spring.
Disney Food and Wine Festival 2020 – Merchandise
In addition to a Food and Wine Festival cookbook, you can also purchase an array of merchandise that commemorates this annual event. Look for drinkware, apparel, food-themed mouse ear headbands and so much more.
Insider tip: Purchase a Sip and Savor Pass so you can enjoy more for less! The Sip and Savor Pass typically costs $54. It includes eight little “tickets” that you can redeem for a menu item at any of the Festival Marketplace Kiosks, Paradise Garden Grill and other vendors. If you select a menu item that costs more than $6.75, you’ll be sure to get your money’s worth out of the Sip and Savor Pass.
Disney Food and Wine Festival 2020 – Good to Know
In order to visit the Food and Wine festival, you must have a valid Disney California Adventure Park admission. Also, if you plan to try any of the alcoholic beverages you’ll need to have your I.D. handy to show you’re 21+.
Disney Food and Wine Festival 2020 – Book Your Vacation Now!
You can now book your vacation for the Food and Wine festival; 2020 Disneyland tickets were recently released by Get Away Today! Whether you pay in full or use the flexible, interest-free Layaway Plan, now is a great time to book 2020 travel. See all discount vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or book over the phone with an agent by calling 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know My Mommy Style sent you, and use code MommyStyle10 for an additional $10 in savings on all Southern California packages. Bon Appétit!
We have a lot more Disney related posts here on My Mommy Style as well.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle