Skip the store and find supplies around the house to make these recycled art projects. 30 creative ideas will keep your kids busy crafting for a long time.
Crafting with your kids is so much fun. Kids love to be creative and make small masterpieces of their own.
Reusing items in your house for art projects and crafts is a great way to teach your children about resourcefulness. Also it teaches them how to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Recycled Art Projects are cost effective. Crafting can cost a lot of money, so if you can save a little here and there by using items that you would be throwing away (or hopefully recycling).
Our List Of 30 Recycled Art Projects:
It’s amazing once I started to use recycled items around the house for crafting, I find I’m looking at my trash differently. I’m no longer throwing away empty boxes of tissues, paper towel tubes or toilet paper tubes.
- Check out these silly Robots we made using anything and everything we could find around the house.
- These Bubble Wrap Flowers are just paper, paint, bubble wrap and a pom pom.
- Take a look at this masterpiece Marble Run made up of creative recycled products.
Egg Carton Tree
- Only paper, pain and empty egg cartons to create this Egg carton tree from Glued to My Crafts.
Egg Carton Caterpillar
- Pick and choose any color you want to paint this darling Egg Carton Caterpillar from 123 Homeschool4me.
Tissue Box Monsters
- Ahhhh! Watch out! Here comes Tissue Box Monsters from Giggles Galore.
- Put some Swiffer pads on the bottom and the kids can help you clean the floor with Tissue Box Dinosaur Feet from A Bird and a Bean.
- Take off and watch how to make these Shampoo bottle airplanes from Vimton Art.
- Toddles love this simple recycled Soda Bottle flower stamp from Inner Child Fun.
Soda Bottle Flower Craft
- You would never know a recycled 2L bottle can make these Soda Bottle flowers from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Soda Bottle Pig
- Oink, oink! This adorable pink Soda bottle pig is from Crafty Morning.
Water Bottle Penguins
- Wacky Water Bottle Penguins are from Crafts for Kids. (Sorry no link)
Water Bottle Fish
- My kids have always likes squishing water bottles once they’re empty. Now they can make this creative empty Water Bottle Fish is from Meaningful Mama.
Recycled Art Sculptures
- Silly characters doing silly things can be created with these Recycled Art Sculptures from Tinkerlab.
Toilet Paper Roll Stamps
- Homemade Toilet Paper Roll Stamps can give you all kinds of different shapes and designs from Getting Messy With Ms. Jessi. (Sorry no link)
Paper Roll Binoculars
- Go on an adventure outside and give the kids a list of things to find using their Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars from All Kids Network.
Cereal Box Apples
Wrap those cereal boxes up with packing paper and create these Cereal Box Apples from No Time For Flashcards.
Juice Jug Rocket
- Save that empty juice bottle to make this Juice Jug Rocket from No Time for Flashcards.
Tin Can Wind Chimes
- Kids are going to need help with the cutting on these Tin Can Wind Chimes from Hands on as we Grow.
Tree Coffee Sleeve
- Recycle those old coffee sleeves and make these Starbucks Coffee Sleeve Tree from No Time For Flashcards.
Paper Bag Wind Socks
- When the store asks you paper or plastic, get the paper to make these Paper Bag Wind Socks from A Childhood List.
Fun Noodle Painting
- Not only can you float with a fun noodle, you can also do some Pool Noodle Painting from Fun-A-Day.
- We all know it’s not hard to eat a whole can of Pringle chips. Save that empty can and make Pringle can Rain Makers from Danya Banya.
Pringle Rain Sticks
Milk Jug Bird Feeder
- These Milk Jug bird feeders from Great Stems are the most beautiful things to add to your backyard. The birds are sure to love them and I love how they added the twig roof on the top.