Kids can’t resist the fun of bubble wrap and crafting. Take a look at these twenty seven bubble wrap art ideas we put together for you.
*We updated this post from 2015 to update our links and get rid of the one’s that are no longer working.
27 Awesome Bubble Wrap Art Projects
I just moved and found myself with a huge box of used bubble wrap. The kids love jumping on it and twisting it to make all those pop sounds, but I still had some left over. Hating the idea of just throwing it away, I decided to use it for a few crafts! I searched the internet and these are the coolest bubble wrap art projects around!
I thought this would be the perfect way to teach my kids how to use their hands and be creative. Kids have fun doing the bubble wrap art and they won’t even know they’re learning!
What are the Benefits of Arts and Crafts for Kids?
- Practice and Develop fine Motor skills
- Increases Dexterity and hand function
- Improves Hand-Eye Coordination and hand strength
- Encourages Self Expression
- Promotes innovation and creativity
- Helps with decision-making skills
- Boost Self Esteem
Here’s the list of Bubble Wrap Art Ideas:
1. Bubble Wrap Flower from My Mommy Style
Purple flower with a yellow pompom in the center was created using a stamp made from bubble wrap. Think of all the fun flower colors you can create with this stamp.
2. Bubble Wrap Stamp from My Mommy Style
Around the house supplies were used to make these easy bubble wrap art stamps. All ages can do this and enjoy the patterns they can create.
3. Cherry Blossom Tree from Glued to My Crafts Blog
This bubble wrap art reminded me of going to Washington DC in the Spring will all of those cherry blossoms. What a sight to see!
4. “Hooray For Fish” Mural from I Heart Crafty Things
This fun mural was created after reading the book “Hooray for Fish” by Lucy Cousins. It would be fun to read the book together followed by this bubble wrap art project.
5. Jellyfish Craft from The Resourceful Mama
This Jellyfish has fun google eyes with long green bubble wrap tentacles. You can just paint on the eyes if you don’t have any of the google eyes floating around your craft box.
6. Snake from Crafty Morning
Make your own paper plate snake with your kids using bubble wrap to give him some texture. Watch out for that red tongue!
7. Beehives from Crafty Morning
Fingerprint bees with bubble wrap dots for the beehive. It doesn’t get cuter that this. This would be a fun gift for grandparents to display on their fridge.
8. Crocodiles from Positively Splendid
These crazy crocs get their name because they have crazy eyes. They use styrofoam balls for the eyes, but you can always use google eyes instead.
9. Sheep from Crafty Morning
“Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow.” What a fun craft to make and learn that classic song with your kids. Change up the bow colors to make a cute set of sheep.
10. Moon and Rocket from Hand Me Down Ideas
Do some star gazing on a warm summer night and learn about outer space. This moon and rocket bubble wrap art is out of this world.
11. Snowman from Art Paper Scissors
While the weather is cold outside, stay warm inside and make this winter snowman. Add a top hat and scarf to dress him up.
12. Carrot Garden from Crafty Morning
Are there any gardeners out there!? Make a carrot patch with your kids using bubble wrap and paint! It’s a simple and fun bubble wrap art to make.
13. Dragon from Terrific 2s
Read a princess fairy tale with your kids and use this dragon to act out his part. Maybe you can add some glitter to that fire coming out of his nostrils.
14. Painting with Rolling Pins from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
Push the brushes aside, because this bubble wrap art uses rolling pins to paint. Create so many different color combos with this unique way of decorating your canvas.
15. Grapes from No Time For Flashcards
Fruity fun with this cluster of purple grapes created from bubble wrap. This is a great first bubble wrap art project because of its simplicity.
16. Rainbow from I Heart Crafty Things
It sure feels like Spring when we see rainbows. Rainbows are so magical and it’s fun to use so many different colors! Great way to teach our little ones their colors.
17. Seahorse from Trinity Preschool
Bright, multi-colored seahorse will catch your eye in this fun construction paper masterpiece. They have such a fun snake-like tail that coils around.
18. Crab from from Trinity Preschool
Don’t be crabby, make this bubble wrap art crab and add some google eyes to make it silly.
19. Bubble Wrap Bug from She Knows
Learn the son the Ants Go Marching One by One and make this adorable purple ant. Love how they used pipe cleaners for the antennas and legs.
20. Bubble Wrap Shape Painting from Learning 4 Kids
Are you learning about shapes with your pre-schooler? Make different shapes with bubble wrap and use different colors to paint them on paper.
21. Starfish from No Time for Flashcards
What a great way to re-purpose paper bags with these starfish bubble art crafts. Add some glitter and jewels to really glitz it up.
22. Turkey from Crafty Morning
Are you trying to find some crafts to entertain the kids while the turkey is cooking? These darling turkeys are just so fun to make using a roller.
23. Cardboard Tube Tree from Crafty Morning
Make a beautiful fall tree using bubble wrap, watercolors, and a cardboard tube! It’s really easy to make even toddlers or preschoolers can do it.
24. Indian Corn Wreath from MPM Ideas
Bubble wrap makes the perfect corn kernels in this Indian corn wreath. This would make a fun centerpiece or wreath on your door.
25. Corn Sun Catchers from Sow Sprout Play (No link Available)
This bubble wrap lets the sun shine on these sweet ears of corn. I love the cute faces that give character to the corn.
26. Octopus from Joyfully Weary
With google eyes and tentacles made from bubble wrap, this octopus uses basic supplies to create fun creatures to hang somewhere in your home.
27. Rainy Cloud from Red Ted Art
Rain Rain go Away! This happy rain cloud mobile would be so cute in a baby’s room. This is so darling that it’s hard to tell it’s made from cheap bubble wrap.