I recently went on a girls trip and a good friend of mine made these scotcharoos. They blew my mind, so I asked her if I could share! They are now one of my top five favorite desserts. Very easy to make and delectable. This scotcharoo recipe does not take very much time and feeds a crowd! We snacked on these sweet treats all weekend and were begging with her to share her recipe! I’m so glad she did so I could share it all with you.Jump to Recipe
- 2 Cups Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter I like to use smooth, no stir natural peanut butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 10-12 Cups Rice Krispies
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips I like the chocolate layer pretty thick, so I would go ahead and add the full regular sized bag of both chip flavors
- 2 Cups Butterscotch Chips
- Melt corn syrup, peanut butter, and sugar together in a large pan on medium low heat. Stir constantly and allow mixture to heat up until sugar is almost all dissolved.
- Pour over Rice Krispies in a large bowl and stir to coat.
- Press mixture into a large, greased cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips & butterscotch chips together on low heat, stir constantly. Pour over Krispies and spread evenly.
I found that I liked adding more chocolate chips than the original recipe called for. I made the initial 2 cups of chocolate and 2 cups of butterscotch chips. Then after that cooled I melted the additional chocolate chips in separate microwavable containers and after melting them plopped dollops of butterscotch and chocolate on top of the original layer. I then used a small spoon to swirl the butterscotch and chocolate together and it made them look even better!
Keep in mind that these are quite messy right when they are done so it is best to let them cool before you cut them to serve! I made these scotcharoos on our Facebook live show, so you can watch that as well if you want to see how it was done. You can see all my live cooking shows at https://www.facebook.com/MyMommyStyle/ .
You might also like:
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze This is one of our very popular recipes and are just as delectable as the scotcharoos!
Here’s another very popular dessert recipe from MyMommyStyle:
Perfect Banana Muffins is one of our most searched recipes. These muffins have the perfect moisture and are amazing!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle