It’s Christmas time and we are already getting excited at my house. We are excited because it’s a beautiful and magical time of the year, but this year we’re extra excited because this is our first Christmas living in North Pole. Christmas has to be a lot better when you live in North Pole, right!? We sure hope so! We are looking to start some new traditions and find special ways to celebrate our favorite time of year.
Now that we live in Alaska we are surrounded by new wildlife. We often see moose in our yard and around town and we now live a lot closer to bears. We hear that we don’t normally see bears in our neck of the woods, but there are a fair share of them in our state so I thought it would be fun to incorporate bears in our holiday celebrating and gift giving.
How cute are these donut bears with Hershey’s Kisses chocolate noses!?
I love that these bears are super adorable, but you won’t believe how easy they are to make. You just need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes. These bears are so easy that you can include your whole family in on the fun of making them. My kids loved helping me make these and we all agreed that they were almost too cute to eat. My kids had so much fun that I know making these bears will be a new holiday tradition!
Baking them for a minute in the oven helps melt the tip of the Hershey’s kiss so you can press the candy piece on top for the nose, but it also melts the chocolate on the donut just a bit so it acts as a glue for the candy eyes and the Hershey’s kiss. So once these dry everything stays in place.
Hershey's Kiss Bears
- Hershey's Kisses chocolates
- Mini chocolate donuts
- Candy coated chocolate pieces
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 200*F
- Place donuts on a cookie sheet. Top donuts with Hershey's Kisses chocolates.
- Place cookie sheet in preheated oven for 60-90 seconds. You want the tips of the Hershey's Kisses chocolates to be soft, but not melted.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and gently press chocolate pieces on top of the Hershey's Kisses chocolates and place candy eyes above the nose. Cool for 5 minutes.
- When completely cooled add chocolate pieces for the ears. You can get creative here and add whatever color you desire.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
Those are beary adorable! 😉 What a creative idea. I love it!
Can these be done with mini Krispy Kreme donuts? Is it difficult to get the ears to stay in place? Thinking about making these for bear themed baby shower.
It would work best with a frosting for the items to stick to. If you use glazed consider using a bit of frosting to help it stay.