Is it hard for you to get quick, easy, and delicious meals on the table for your family? I know the feeling, I have been there! But, I have a secret weapon…this Tomato Soup in Grilled Cheese Bread Bowls recipe that takes only 10 minutes to make and is from a meal planning system designed for busy moms.
I have always been a believer in meal planning, but I get stuck on how much time it can take to sit down, sort through recipes, write my shopping list, and think about what my family would actually eat.
Use a meal plan to help you create an easier meal time.
After I tried the first week of the More Momma Fall Meal Plan (which she lets you try for free), it transformed the way I feed my family! I don’t have to spend my time planning anymore because the grocery lists are set and I know what we are going to eat for the week. I even get ahead for the nights I really have no time to cook! You can read more about the plans here, and use my CODE: mommystyle10 for 10% off any meal plan.
One of my favorite recipes from the Fall Meal Plan is the 10 minute tomato soup in grilled cheese bread bowls! Grilled cheese with tomato soup is the ultimate comfort food. The bread bowl becomes a gooey grilled cheese sandwich, and the tomato soup is thick and comforting. There is something about soup in a bread bowl that just makes me happy!
Scroll below to try out this Tomato Soup in Grilled Cheese Bread Bowls recipe!
I made this recipe with the Autumn Harvest Soup Blend from Trader Joe’s, and it was a hit! You could also fill the grilled cheese bread bowls with another quick, comfort food recipe, like my white chicken chili recipe.
I can’t wait for you to try this one out for yourselves. You won’t be disappointed! And look for the (great kid job) in the recipe. Every recipe in the meal plan comes with ideas and ways you can easily include your kids in the kitchen.
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 Jars of Your Favorite Tomato Pasta Sauce or Autumn Harvest Soup
- Splash of Heavy Cream
- 4 Large Rolls
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Fresh Basil, Torn
1. Place your tomato sauce or soup into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add a splash of cream and stir to combine.
2. Preheat the oven to broil on high. Cut the tops off of your rolls at a 45 degree angle, forming a pocket for the soup (you can hollow out some of the middle of the bread, if desired). Place the bread bowls on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place desired amount of cheese in the bread bowl (great job for kids) and place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
3. Ladle the soup into the bread bowl and top with fresh basil.
Enjoy these other easy, weeknight meals!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!