This recipe for Instant Pot Lentil Soup is amazing! I have recently fallen in love with the instant pot and Lentil soup. Melissa developed this recipe years ago and I wanted to convert it to an instant pot meal so that it could more easily be done on a week night and not require an hour of simmer time.
We love our instant pot! Get one here: Instant POT
Here is a video of me making Instant Pot Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- 1/4 C Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1.5 C Carrots You can use any type of carrot you want
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic or 2 tablespoons of minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 can 14.5 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 C dry lentils
- 8 C Chicken Broth
- 2 tbls vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start with instant pot on Saute mode, heat olive oil. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until onion is tender (about 3-4 minutes). Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 1 more minute. It takes the Instant Pot a minute to heat up, so keep that in mind.
- Add lentils, broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Let boil 1-2 minutes.
- Switch to Instant Pot mode, put on the lid and seal the instant pot and cook on manual pressure at high for 12 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the pot to pressurize. After the 12 minutes is up, quick release by flipping release valve to "venting" (a little bit at a time at first.)
- Once venting is finished, remove lid. When ready to serve stir in spinach and vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, and freezes really well too!
Here is a link to all of our instant pot recipes:
Join me for Facebook live every Monday at 6:00 pm MST and Thursdays 1:30 PM MST!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!