This chili is healthy, comforting, filling and SO easy to throw together. It’s simple and calls for ingredients you probably have in your pantry and fridge. This chili is loaded with vegetables, beans and tomatoes and the right amount of spices to make it taste amazing. It makes a nice large batch which makes it perfect for pot lucks and parties.
It is on the mild side (that’s how we roll here with three little kids), so feel free to add another jalapeño or leave the seeds inside to make a spicier chili.
You can leave the chili as is or add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, cheese, onions or avocados to the top. Enjoy!
Crock Pot vegetarian chili
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 29 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large skillet then add the onions, carrots and celery for four minutes or until the vegetables start to soften. Add the bell pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes. Finally, add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add the vegetables and all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for six hours.
- Eat chili plain or add your favorite toppings such as: cheese, sour cream, onions, avocado or tomatoes.
This is the Crock Pot I own and love. It’s large and works great, but I especially love that the locking system on the lid. It makes it easy to transport food to family parties or pot lucks.
Click here to find the Crock Pot
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Linked up with Buns in My Oven, Katherine’s Corner, Posed Perfection, The Pin Junkie,
A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure and Tidy Mom.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
This looks amazing! With football season beginning this is perfect!
Can anyone tell me how many calories this is ?