I love a good chili! I love that they are a hearty and filling meal, but can still very healthy. I love that they’re a one pot meal because I’m all about less clean up and I like that my family eats chili without complaining – that’s always a huge bonus in my mommy book. 🙂 Here in Alaska it is cold and snowy for about 6 months out of the year so having a delicious, comforting meal that seems to warm you right up is important. It’s also nice to have a comforting meal that isn’t too heavy all the time.
That’s where this yummy turkey chili comes in. It is full of veggies and beans and is perfect on a cold night. It’s also a super easy meal! You’ll just need to do a little bit of chopping and then throw everything into the slow cooker and you’re set. It will make your house smell wonderful while it cooks.
This recipe is pretty easy to make to your own tastes as well. I only add one jalapeño because I’m cooking for young kids, but if you like it spicier feel free to add more. You can also use ground beef instead of ground turkey, if you prefer.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1. Brown ground turkey in a medium skillet until cooked through. Add ground turkey to a 6 quart slow cooker. 2. Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder to the slow cooker. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.3. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
We have joined a fun group of bloggers that share recipes celebrating different food holidays. I’m so excited to part of this group with so many talented and excellent bloggers. Each month I’ll share their recipes here.
This month we are celebrating National Chili Day so click on the links below to check out their delicious chili recipes.
Celebrating Food bloggers chili recipes:
Slow cooker turkey chili – My Mommy Style
instant pot white chicken chili – Ashlee Marie
homemade 3 bean vegetarian chili – An Italian in My Kitchen
taco chili -Simply Stacie
easy chicken enchilada chili -Creations By Kara
slow cooker white chicken chili – Real Mom Kitchen
slow cooker chili – Pretty Providence
creamy white chicken chili -Crumb Blog
instant pot chili -Savory Experiments
sweet potato chili – Namely Marly
pork verde chili – The Baker Upstairs
instant pot turkey lentil chili – 365 Days of Crockpot
instant pot lentil and bean chili – Super Golden Bakes
jalapeno popper turkey chili – Premeditated Leftovers
award winning crockpot chili – Heather Likes Food
More awesome chili recipes:
Turkey chili with Kale – My Mommy Style
Crock Pot Vegetarian chili – My Mommy Style
Vegetable filled vegan chili – My Mommy Style
pumpkin chili – My Mommy Style
Weight Watchers taco chili – My Mommy Style
White Chicken chili – My Mommy Style
Thick and hearty homestyle chili – Don’t Sweat the Recipe
Clean Eating 30 minute chili – Clean Eating Recipes
One pot chili Mac and Cheese – Bellyfull
Wendy’s copycat chili – Raining Hot Coupons
Latest posts by Camille (see all)
- 12 Special ways to surprise your husband on Valentine’s Day - January 9, 2020
- Super easy and Cheesy tater tot casserole - August 13, 2019
- 10 hilarious joke books for kids - July 21, 2019
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle