These muffins are so yummy! They were moist and tender and had a great blast of chocolate flavor without being too rich. The melty chocolate chips inside each muffin made them even more chocolatey and perfect. My whole family gave them two big thumbs up.
We love making banana muffins with our ripe bananas, but I love having another option and these chocolate banana muffins are a great option. The only hard part will be deciding which muffins to make when I have over ripe bananas!
These were so good we polished off the entire dozen within the hour…you’ve been warned. 🙂
Chocolate banana muffins
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium bananas about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, add the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the shortening and sugar until smooth and then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add a little of the flour, mix, a little of the banana, mix, and continue to alternate between the two. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
What flour is used in your chocolate banana muffins