This recipe is easier to assemble than you might think. They are pretty and they taste great, even my kids loved them. Serve with a crisp green salad and you have a great dinner!
- 1 package lasagna noodles (I used whole grain)
- 15 oz. ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 5 ounce package of fresh spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or bottled)
- to taste salt and pepper
- as needed non-stick spray
- Put two pots of water on the stove. One for lasagna noodles and the other to boil spinach. Cook lasagna noodles following the directions on the box. When they are finished cooking, drain in a colander.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the filling. Add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, just until wilted (it doesn’t take long). Combine the spinach in a bowl with the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, freshly grated pepper and about ¼ tsp of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a glass casserole dish by spraying with non-stick spray.
- On a clean surface, lay out a few noodles at a time. Place a few tablespoons of filling on each noodle and spread to cover from edge to edge.
- Roll the noodles up and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat until all of your filling is gone. Pour the marinara sauce over the rolled noodles making sure to cover all surfaces. The sauce will keep the noodles hydrated and soft while baking.
- Cover the dish in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!