This recipe is easier to assemble than you might think. They are pretty and they taste great, even my kids loved them. Serve with a crisp green salad and you have a great dinner!
- 1 package lasagna noodles (I used whole grain)
- 15 oz. ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 5 ounce package of fresh spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or bottled)
- to taste salt and pepper
- as needed non-stick spray
- Put two pots of water on the stove. One for lasagna noodles and the other to boil spinach. Cook lasagna noodles following the directions on the box. When they are finished cooking, drain in a colander.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the filling. Add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, just until wilted (it doesn’t take long). Combine the spinach in a bowl with the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, freshly grated pepper and about ¼ tsp of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a glass casserole dish by spraying with non-stick spray.
- On a clean surface, lay out a few noodles at a time. Place a few tablespoons of filling on each noodle and spread to cover from edge to edge.
- Roll the noodles up and place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat until all of your filling is gone. Pour the marinara sauce over the rolled noodles making sure to cover all surfaces. The sauce will keep the noodles hydrated and soft while baking.
- Cover the dish in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Over 40,000 Movies
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
Wow this looks absolutely amazing! I am so excited to try this! I’m featuring this at my link party tonight and pinning!
P.S. This is the first time I’ve seen your blog and it’s so cute! I just started following you on bloglovin and your email subscription. I look forward to reading more!
These look delicious! Do you think I could prepare them a day ahead, refrigerate, and then bake when I need them?
You probably could do prepare them a day ahead. I haven’t done it myself, so I’m not sure how they would turn out. The only thing I would worry about is them getting soggy. Don’t add the marinara sauce until you are ready to cook them.
have you made them and then froze them? or prepared them and froze instead? for singles or those of us that dont have a family to serve.. 🙂
Made this for my family tonight. They loved it! Great way to make lasagna meatless and still have so much flavor! Thanks! I am going to try this as a make-ahead freezer meal!
I am new to cooking and i am learning how to make better food for my family.This recipe looks delicious i am going do my best to recreate this recipe. thanks for posting ^_^
Oh my, I made these last night (without the spinach) and I have to say they were so delicious! I was impressed how easy they were to make and how simple they were but so full of flavor! Thank you for the recipe.
I’ve been meaning to try making these…they’re going on the dinner menu soon!
I’ve been meaning to try making these…they are going on the dinner menu soon!