My smoked jalapeno poppers have one secret ingredient that put’s their flavor above the rest…BRISKET! Not to mention they are also bacon wrapped… My obsession with brisket is real, and a friend once changed my life when he showed me how to freeze and re-heat brisket.Jump to Recipe
Ever since then, whenever I smoke a brisket I always freeze the leftovers. I’ve found that adding a little brisket to any recipe can put your dish over the top! These smoked jalapeno poppers are no exception. As you can see below, I mixed in some leftover brisket into the filling of these jalapeno poppers. Wow did this infuse some flavor into this dish!
If you need some explanation on how to freeze and re-heat brisket, I’ve written an entire post with the step-by-step instructions. This literally changed my life. I explain why I think re-heated brisket tastes better than right off the smoker!
Here is my secret recipe for brisket infused smoked jalapeno poppers:
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers – with Brisket Infused
- 10 Large Jalapeno Peppers
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c Shredded Brisket, cooked
- 10 slices Bacon
- Pre-heat smoker to 325 degrees
- Slice all the Jalapenos in half length-wise (see picture above for example). Pro-Tip: wear latex gloves so you don't burn your eyes anytime you touch them the rest of the day.
- Remove seeds if you don't want super spicy, or leave seeds if you have no taste buds 🙂
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, & shredded brisket in separate bowl. I always do this with my hands!
- Cut Bacon slices in half
- Fill jalapeno slice with cream cheese filling and drape bacon slice over the top of popper (I like to do this because if bacon is wrapped around the bottom of popper it always burns)
- Place Jalapeno Poppers directly onto smoker grill
- Cook at 325 for 20-25 minutes. When the bacon on top looks done, pull the poppers off.
We absolutely love smoker recipes on our blog. When Camille gave me our Traeger Grill for Christmas, she didn’t realize how much of a gift it would be for her! We’ve had so many readers enjoy some of our recipes. Here are some of our other favorite smoker recipes.
Our most popular smoker recipe is our smoked pork loin:
Another great smoker recipe is our smoked brisket. It is one of the easiest, lowest maintenance brisket recipes I’ve ever seen. It always comes out tasting amazing!
I hope you enjoy this smoked jalapeno poppers recipe, I know we have!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle