Whenever I buy a rotisserie chicken or make a whole chicken at home my kids always fight over the drumsticks. I knew they would love this dinner because everyone would get a few of their very own drumsticks. So my kids loved that part of dinner, but they mostly loved the sweet, sticky, asian-inspired flavor of these yummy drumsticks.
Ginger Pineapple Chicken
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks between 2-3 pounds
- 1 12 ounce can frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- sliced green onions optional
- toasted sesame seeds optional
- Place drumsticks in a large ziplock bag. In a large bowl stir together juice concentrate, soy sauce, ginger, salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- RESERVE 1/2 CUP MARINADE FOR SAUCE.
- Pour the remaining marinade in the ziplock with the chicken. Seal bag; and turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Arrange chicken in a large baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the 1/2 cup reserved marinade and the brown sugar.
- Brush both sides of chicken with some of the sauce. Bake for 20 more minutes more minutes brushing once more with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!