Decorate your home in and out with these Classy Halloween Decor ideas. We have lots of chic and spooky tips plus free pumpkin stencils.
Classy Halloween Decor
Pumpkin spice everything, warm sweaters and blankets, and colorful leaves tumbling to the ground makes autumn the coziest time of the year. And let us not forget about Halloween, the day that begins the start of more holiday cheer as the months get colder!
Since spooky season is right around the corner, it’s time to bust out the Halloween decorations to get into the spirit. However, plastic decorations that are normally found at the store, like tombstones, fake spider webs, and purple bats don’t exactly scream chic. If you’re looking to decorate for Halloween but don’t want to mess with your current home style, check out these classy and sophisticated ideas incorporating Halloween plant decor — the perfect inspo to help you get festive!
Whether it’s adding a fall wreath to your front door, a mystical Halloween centerpiece to your dinner table, or dried flowers to your bookshelf, autumn florals can help you achieve a trendy yet chic style. Get inspired these mood boards and print out the pumpkin carving stencils we created so you can decorate your home with some beautiful crafts.
Spooky and Classy Indoor Halloween Decor
Typical colors that are seen throughout the Halloween season are usually purple or bright orange — but these hues don’t always compliment a sophisticated interior. To avoid this, you pick decorative items within a more neutral color palette to still achieve the spooky look.
- Add a few small skeletons, black candles and white or gold pumpkins to your bookshelf. Just little pops of spooky yet classy Halloween decor.
- Stuffed ravens or crows give an extra eerie look.
- Small white pumpkins and green flower or herbs give a classy Halloween look to your kitchen decor.
- Fill your home full of that pumpkin spice scent. Either with candles or wax warmers, there is something to be said for a home that smells like Fall.
- It’s all about copper pumpkins this year. Buy some inexpensive small pumpkins at the dollar store and spray paint them copper. You can also spray real pumpkins, but I don’t recommend eating them later. Set them next to a vase of dried flowers.
- Bust out your glue gun and cover a pumpkin with velvet. You can find cheap velvet at a thrift store or buy some by the yard.
Classy Halloween Dinner Party
Instead of walking around the neighborhood trick or treating, put together a fancy dinner table spread in the comfort of your own home! Invite your closest friends or your family to take part in a classy yet spooky dinner party.
- No need to match candles and candlesticks this year. Use differently shaped and textured candlesticks to give your table that picture perfect look.
- Make your table runner slightly messy with a flowable table runner or a fraying piece of burlap.
- If the weather allows, take your dinner party outside to enjoy the Fall colors and the cooler air.
- Pick 3 to 5 colors and stay with them to complete your classy Fall look.
- When it comes to spooky decor, sometimes less is more. Just add one piece of Halloween to your table or mantel.
Classy Outdoor Halloween Decor
Opt for spooky yet seasonal front porch decorations for Halloween this year that put out the perfect fall vibes. This time of year, be sure to incorporate chrysanthemum in red, orange, or yellow. These will also ensure your front steps are nice and bright! You can also add a fall wreath or a few carved pumpkins.
- Add some color to your outdoor space with Mums this fall. They have a classy look and come in yellow, orange and red.
- All those lantern collections will come in good use this Fall. Decorate with candle lit lanterns surrounded pumpkins. They will add warmth to your space and and beautiful to look at.
- Arrange your classy Halloween decor by height. Your smallest pumpkins in the front. Then come the mums in planters. You want to be able to see all of the details from the front. Don’t let and pumpkin or plant completely block the other.
- Give your front door a Fall inspired wreath with pops of orange, yellow or red colors.
- Include hay bails or corn stalks into your look. The hay bails will add height. They can get messy so make sure they are in a place that doesn’t get moved around too much.
Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils
Get together with your close friends or family and carve some pumpkins! I mean, is it even Halloween without carved pumpkins? This activity will give you some classically spooky decor to spice up your home or porch with.
Below is another festive pumpkin stencil for your home! Carve the design into your traditional pumpkin or trace and paint them onto a funky winter squash to ensure you’ll send a clear message to anyone looking for a scare. If the “Boo” is not enough, maybe write a Halloween quote or poem on your masterpiece that’ll keep the evil spirits away.
However you like to decorate for Halloween, these sophisticated ideas will help you keep your interior looking classy and chic for spooky season. Plus the pumpkin carving stencils will help you get crafty and add some unique pumpkin decorations to your home!
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You May Also Like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle