This is a kid-friendly, vegetable tortellini primavera with a light and flavorful cheese sauce. Everyone will be happy with this one! This would taste great with served with grilled chicken on the side or on top if you prefer. It’s easy to change up the vegetables to use whatever you have in your fridge or you can even use a frozen bag if you’re in a hurry.
- 2 cups vegetable broth (I recommend Swanson’s low sodium organic broth)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, squash and snap peas
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil and cook, stirring until broth has thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon and salt.
- Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
Here are some more pasta dishes that will delight your family:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!