Hey everyone! Today I have an awesome, family favorite recipe to share with you. For this recipe you get to pull out your trusty crock pot. Ahhhh….don’t you love your crock pot!? This recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t have a ton of time to spend preparing a meal. This pineapple mandarin chicken doesn’t have a lot of extra prep involved, you just throw those ingredients in and off you go.
There are a few different variations on this meal and you can choose the one that you would like to use. You can either leave the chicken breasts whole and serve them with a salad and rice or you can take the chicken out of the crock pot, chop it up and throw it back in with some bell peppers for a little longer and serve over rice. It’s up to you, but both options are so delicious!
Pineapple Mandarin Chicken
- 3-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 20.5 oz bottle Panda Express Mandarin Sauce
- 1 18 oz jar pineapple preserves (found by the jam and jelly in the store)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- salt and pepper optional
- chopped green onions optional
- 4 cups prepared brown rice
- Set your crock pot to low.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each chicken breast (there is sodium in the sauce so this is optional) and place the chicken into the crockpot.
- Pour in mandarin sauce and pineapple preserves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to the crock pot and add the chopped bell peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Serve over rice.