New Year’s is a special time of year and what better way to celebrate than with New Year’s crafts for kids! While New Year’s Eve may be known as an adult holiday, there are plenty of fun New Year’s crafts that kids can make to get excited about the new year. From New Year’s countdown clocks to noisemakers, New Year’s Eve doesn’t have to be left out of the family fun.
To help kids get in on the New Year’s festivities, here are some of our favorite New Year’s crafts for kids:
1. New Year’s Countdown Clock – Create a New Year’s countdown clock with cardboard and markers. Have your kids draw their own design or find an online template to use as inspiration. Cut out the circles and stick them onto a piece of cardboard and then add numbers to each circle for counting down until midnight!
2. New Year Noisemakers – Let your kids create their own New Years noisemakers using recycled materials like paper plates and yarn. Just cut shapes in the paper plates, thread them and then add some bells or other things that make noise. Then tie a handle on each end, and your kids are ready to ring in the New Year!
Love these upcycled water bottles from Life Over C’s
3. New Year Poppers- The Crafting Chicks
New Year’s Eve Poppers are a fun project for kids to make to celebrate the New Year. Easy to make with a few simple supplies you probably have around your house.
4. New Year’s Resolution Keepers – Get creative with New Year’s Resolutions! Have your littles come up with goals they want to accomplish in the New Year, like reading more books or eating healthier snacks. Help your children create their own New Years resolution keepers out of construction paper and markers so they can easily track their progress throughout the year.
5. New Year’s Eve Wand – Projects With Kids
Get into a little whimsy with these darling wands.
6. EPIC New Years Countdown for Kids 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Take a trip around the world with this fun activity that helps you celebrate culture and the new year.
7. New Year’s Eve Sensory Bin from Happy Toddler Play Time
8.New Year’s Eve Fondue Party for Kids – Glue Sticks Blog
Make this NYE super special for your little ones by setting up a treat just for them. With easy cheese and chocolate fondue recipes, this is one idea you won’t want to pass up!
9. Record your BEST, favorite, and worst memories from the year.
We love to do little mini interviews with our kids at the end of the year to hear what their favorite memories are from the past year. It is a fun way to pass the time and it is such a wonderful memory to look back on. Here are some ideas to get you going.
New Years Eve Interview Questions for Kids
- Can you think of one word to describe yourself?
- What do you like doing?
- What are you really good at?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favourite food?
- Where do you like going?
- What is your favourite thing to watch?
- What do you love?
10. Have a Dance Party to ring in the new year
We love having dance parties! Grab some party lights and have a party of your own enjoying your favorite songs from the year.
New Years Bead Threading – Happy Toddler Playtime
EPIC New Years Countdown for Kids – 123Homeschool For Me
New Years Discovery Bottle – Little Bins for Little Hands
How to Make Confetti Poppers for New Year’s Eve Party with Kids – Fun Handprint Art Blog
New Year’s Eve Noisemakers – The Chaos and the Clutter
Confetti Writing Tray – Happy Toddler Playtime
New Year’s Eve Countdown Activity For Kids – J Daniel 4’s Mom
New Year’s Fireworks Craft – In the Playroom
A Wishing Tree Craft Activity for New Year – Baby Budgeting
Sparkly New Years’s Eve Number Play Dough – Toddler Approved
Family Time Capsule for New Years Eve – Wunder Mom
Fireworks Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
New Year’s Sensory Bottle for Kids – The Chaos and the Clutter
Kids New Year’s Eve DIY Party Poppers – For Modern Kids
Fireworks Letter Match – Happy Toddler Playtime
New Year’s crafts for kids are a great way to get your little ones excited about ringing in a new year while also helping them learn valuable skills like goal setting, counting and craft-making. With all this New Year’s crafting fun, you can have the best New Year ever!
Happy New Year!
You might also like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!