I have always been in love with taco soup. It is a quick meal that is easy to put together, but cooking it all in an instant pot makes it even easier. This instant pot taco soup can be made using the the sauté mode and also cook the soup in only 5 minutes. This makes the clean up so much easier because you can prepare the meat and vegetables all in the instant pot before you cook your soup.
I have a demo of this video on my Facebook live! You can tune in with me every Monday night at 6:00 pm MST and Thursday at 1:30 MST!
If you are looking for more instant pot recipes check out our recipe index for more ideas!
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion chopped
- 7 oz can of chopped green chilies
- 1 15.25 oz can black beans
- 1 15.5 oz can pinto beans
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 16 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced olives
- 1/2 Cup frozen corn you can use canned as well
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- diced tomatoes
- Start with your instant pot on saute mode and add your chopped onion and olive oil to pot. Sautée for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ground meat and brown in pot with onions. Add water, taco seasoning, and green chillies. Cook and break up meat while on sauté mode. It isn't necessary to cook meat all the way through at this point as it will finish cooking when other ingredients are added.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, corn, and olives. Cancel sauté setting and switch to manual cooking mode on high pressure. Seal lid and cook on high for 5 minutes. You can choose to let it release on it's own or release it manually.
- Stir. Dish up with your desired toppings! Fresh avocado and cilantro add so much! I really like my taco soup creamy, so a scoop of sour cream adds so much for me. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Here is a link to all of our instant pot recipes:
Join me for Facebook live every Monday at 6:00 pm MST and Thursdays 1:30 PM MST!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!
I think this recipe is missing the 2 cups of water?? I’m trying it tonight!
How much water are you supposed to add?