I love spaghetti squash, but it can be time consuming to cook. We’ve shown you how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, but this takes 15 minutes per half of the squash. We’re going to show you how to make instant pot spaghetti squash in 6 minutes!
Some people believe there is a science to determining the perfect spaghetti squash. I’ve tried knocking on them, examining the outside and looking at the stem. In reality…it’s a crap shoot. I have had the best luck with lighter colored spaghetti squash.
6 Minute Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Clean the outside of your spaghetti squash with a scrub brush and dish soap
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half. Be careful with this step! Use a large sharp, serrated (watermelon) knife but be careful and take your time. It's easy for the knife to slip and cut you.
- Scoop out all of the seeds and squash from the center of the spaghetti squash
- Drizzle olive oil onto spaghetti squash and rub evenly all over open end of the squash. Use olive oil spray for a quick application.
- Add salt and pepper to spaghetti squash
- Add water to the bottom of instant pot. Place cooking rack on the bottom and put spaghetti squash on top of rack with the cut ends facing up
- Cook on manual setting for 6 minutes. Add a couple minutes if you like your squash squashier. Quick release after cooked - follow your manufacturer instructions to release pressure
- Once your spaghetti squash is done, pull spaghetti "flesh" away with a fork. Serve with your favorite recipe and enjoy!
Here are some other great spaghetti squash and vegetarian meals from My Mommy Style:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!