My son brought me a piece of paper the other day wanting me to make him a paper airplane. Seems easy enough, right? Well, whatever I folded for him ended up looking like a wadded triangle and it wouldn’t fly. My son, being the sweet little peace maker that he is, told me that he would just use it as a rocket. Thanks, son.
I decided it was time to learn how to fold a proper airplane. Now I can whip one of these puppies up in 20 seconds and my boys play with them in the backyard for hours.
So, for all of you paper airplane challenged moms (or dads) here are the steps to make a paper airplane. This one is easy and it flies well.
1. Fold an 8×11 piece of paper in half the long way, bringing the left side over to the right.
2. Fold the top right corner to the left edge.
3. Fold the new flap over again.
4. Fold it over one last time.
5. Now turn your plane over and repeat steps 1-3. Fold the left corner to the right edge.
6. Fold the new flap over again.
7. Fold one more time. Now you are done!
Now go enjoy your plane.
For even more creative fun have your child color the paper before you fold.