This was a delicious creamy casserole. Easy to throw together for quick dinner and big enough that you might even have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Hamburger Noodle Casserole
- 5 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef (or turkey) until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Drain, if needed. (I used lean ground turkey and there wasn't anything to drain.) Stir in tomato sauce, salt, and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles and stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and ricotta cheese until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with cheese mixture and then remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!