Get organized with these diy garage storage ideas. Here are 20 ways to optimize your space and make your garage as functional as possible.
DIY Garage Storage Ideas
Is there anyone else with spring cleaning fever right now? I’m getting ready to CLEAN AND ORGANIZE EVERYTHING! I tackled my pantry and under my sink recently so now comes the next project; the garage! As the kids get older, they grow out of things. Our garage tends to turn into a storage place for things we no longer need. It’s important for me to know where things are and I want to be able to park my car in the garage.
As I prepare myself for the great garage clean up and purge, I found myself on Pinterest looking at a bunch of diy garage storage ideas that I thought would be helpful to share. Pinterest has so many ideas and I can’t wait to start on this garage project. I think the most important thing to remember is everything needs to have a place. It’s much easier to put things away if they have a space.
No matter the space you have, there are multiple ideas to help you utilize and organize your garage. With 20 different diy garage storage ideas, there is sure to be a few ideas for you to use. Something that I love that I found in a few posts is painting the garage door going into the house! I’m definitely doing this! Even if you can’t paint your door, maybe add a wreath to make it a happy greeting when you walk into your home.
20 DIY Garage Storage Ideas
Here is the list of smart DIY garage storage ideas. Click on the link above each picture to find directions and more information on each idea.
- Utilize a tight space with room for trash cans with this idea from BHG.
- Using storage containers really can clean up a space and I love this painted garage door from Just a Girl.
- I love this corner for toys by the garage door from I Heart Organizing.
- I haven’t ever thought of this idea to store an extension cord! How genius from My Home My Style.
- What an eye pleasing diy garage storage idea from A Bowl Full of Lemons. Definitely a great way to utilize the vertical space.
- There are so many uses for pool noodles outside of the pool. These pool noodles will keep your fishing poles from falling over from Noodle Ponics.
- Never let any space go unused with this ball storage idea from Creative Southern Home.
- Peg boards are easy to hang and I love the checked pattern from Clean and Scentsible.
- If you have a small kitchen or no pantry here are a few diy garage storage ideas from Clean and Scentsible.
- Store those scooters and skateboards on the wall with his mount from One Crazy House.
- Everyone needs a large label maker! This is a great idea from A Bowl Full of Lemons.
- These built ins are amazing in this beachy garage and again that painted door is so cute from Dixie Delights.
- This is not as much DIY as the rest, but it’s a great way to use that super space of the garage. You can buy this rack from Vick’s Great Deals.
DIY Yard Tool Organizing Ideas
- Everything is uniform in this idea from DIY & Crafts.
- Lawn tool organizing with this clever idea from Newly Woodwards.
- Not sure what to do with that old filing cabinet? This is such a creative diy idea to use it as a yard tool organizer from DIY Joy.
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!