This post contains affiliate links. If you follow the links below, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Dinosaurs are a favorite in our house! My kids were first introduced to dinosaurs from Sandra Boyton’s “Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!” Since then, we’ve read countless books on dinosaurs.
So it was no surprise that when I asked the boys what subject they’d like to study next, they picked dinosaurs!
I personally love tape resist paintings because kids can get messy and the end result is always beautiful! Trying to create a dinosaur with tape seemed like a tedious task so I decided instead to draw one out on paper and then cut it out. I placed it on top of a sheet of painting paper and let the kids get creative!
What you’ll need for this Dinosaur Painting Activity
- White painting paper or canvas
- Printable (free download below)
- Heavy cardstock
- Paint and paint brushes
To create your very own Resist Art Dinosaur Painting Craft, follow the steps below.
1. Get your supplies ready! Grab an assortment of paint colors, brushes and painting paper.
2. Print out the printable on heavy cardstock. My kids chose a triceratops and brontosaurus.
3. Cut out the dinosaur outline with scissors and tape it to the center of the painting paper or canvas.
4. Let your child paint around the border of the dinosaur cutout and all around the sheet.
5. Once your child is done painting, remove the dinosaur cutout and admire your child’s work of art!
6. Repeat the same steps above to create the Triceratops Resist Art Painting!
Let your kids get artistic with this Resist Painting Dinosaur Craft! Share their creations on social media and tag us in your post. We would love to see how your dinosaurs turned out!
More fun ways to Craft with Your Kids:
If you are looking for more animal crafts to do with your kids, check out this adorable Newspaper Elephant Craft.
Your kids may also enjoy creating this fun and easy Recycled Box Crocodile Craft.
For ideas on what to keep in stock for craft days, check out this List of Craft Supplies to Have on Hand.
Basma is a homeschooling mom of 3. She has her Master’s in Accounting and her CPA but became a SAHM once she had her first child. She has a passion for education and sharing her love of learning and teaching with others. You can find more of her crafts and activities on her Instagram page @JoyinPlayLife.