It might not be soup weather anymore where you live, but I woke up this morning to five inches of new snow all over and was in need of a comforting soup to help me warm up. Even though cold snowy days do make soup taste better, I DO believe that soup can be enjoyed all year long. So pin this soup and save it for a cold day or make it tonight for a fast, one-pot meal that won’t disappoint. This soup combines two of my favorite comfort foods: chicken noodle soup and chicken pot pie. What a perfect soup!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot about 2-3 small carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast I used leftover rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups dried whole grain egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 biscuits
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and minced garlic; sauté about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken broth, chicken, noodles, seasoned salt, dry mustard, chili powder and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 6 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together half and half and flour and add to the saucepan. Stir in broccoli and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes more until slightly thickened. Serve with biscuits.
Kitchen items used in this recipe:
Try out these other great soups by clicking the pictures below:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!