This was a great casserole with a lot of flavor that the whole family loved.
Chicken Penne Artichoke Casserole
- 1 ounce package penne pasta (I used whole grain)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 5 ounces fresh spinach coarsely chopped (you can just eye ball the amount of spinach. I used half of a 10 ounce package, it doesn't have to be exact)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, cook until tender 3-5 minutes. Add chopped yellow squash to the pan and sauté 2-3 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally to keep the onions from burning. Add the chopped spinach to the pan and cook an addition 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper. Stir in cooked chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, dried tomatoes, cooked pasta and the onions, squash and spinach. Transfer mixture to a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and paprika. Sprinkle club mixture over the casserole. Bake, uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
Kitchen items used in this recipe (click on the photo to check them out):
Click on the photos below for more of our favorite recipes:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle