This cheeseburger soup is comforting, cheesy and delicious. It is the perfect meal for a cold fall or winter day. Serve with a crisp green salad and a crusty bread for the perfect meal. I doubled this recipe so we could have two days of delicious soup in a row. My family did not complain and the soup was just as tasty the second day as it was on the first. My husband is pretty sure this is the best soup he’s ever had.
Because the salt content can differ from chicken broth and cheese brands I didn’t add any extra to the recipe. Make sure to taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Also, be careful not to boil the soup after adding the sour cream or else it will separate.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as we did!
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large pot add ground beef, onion, carrots and celery, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat until beef is browned.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.
You might also like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!