Baking and fall just go together. I love all things pumpkin and this recipe is not the exception. If you are looking for a fun, kid friendly recipe to enjoy on a fall day, these Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Crispy Rice Treats are amazing!!
I was craving something sweet this last weekend and we made the most amazing crispy rice treats using Santé’s Pumpkin Spice Pecans. It took the baking to a whole new level and added so much flavor and fun! The pecans provide such rich flavor to the recipe that you don’t need to use many other spices or ingredients to take make something fabulous.
Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Crispy Rice Treats
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 C miniature marshmallows bonus points if you use pumpkin flavored marshmallows
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger I used nutmeg instead
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice I didn't have this so I skipped this and it was great!
- 5 C Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 4 oz bag Spice Pecans
Brown Butter Icing
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 C powdered sugar, sifted
- .5 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- Butter an 8" square baking dish
- Brown butter over medium high heat. Once browned, add marshmallows, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Cook, stirring frequently, until marshmallows are melted.
- Take off heat and stir in cereal and pecans. Scrape mixture into prepared dish and spread evenly pressing into the corners.
- Let cool completely.
- For icing, brown butter in saucepan. Scrape into a medium pool and cool until just warm. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk as needed. Drizzle frosting on top of the crispy rice treats. Break up pecans into small peices and sprinkle over the top of the dessert. Enjoy!
Pecans Contain Vitamin E, Which Has Antioxidant Effects and May Boost Immune Activity
Healthy fats are essential to a healthy brain, nuts are an easy way to sneak them in! Sante offers a variety of speciality nuts that you will love. You can see their full collection here.
Holiday baking doesn’t need to be complicated to be amazing. Check out other recipes in our recipe index.
Pin this for later!
This post was written in partnership with Santé.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!