Thanksgiving is right around the corner so I thought I’d share a great recipe to use if you have some leftover turkey. I love pumpkin and forget that it can be used in savory dishes as well. You can substitute chicken for the turkey so you can enjoy this filling and tasty chili any time of the year.
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add pumpkin and chicken broth to 5-qt. slow cooker, whisk until combined. Stir in the onion and pepper mixture and remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle